Marketing Associate Internship at Set Me Up, Inc.
Are you a college student pursuing a four-year degree? Do you possess the creativity and analytical thinking to be at the forefront of rapidly growing start-up? If you said yes to these questions, this may be the perfect position for you!
Who We Are & Our Mission: SetMeUp is a crowd-sourced date suggestion platform for designed for both singles and people in relationships. We curate your date ideas by leveraging OpenTable, Groupon, LivingSocial, and Amazon, and then map suggestions against the Social Graph API to find the trendiest date spots in your area. You are connected to new people through mutual friend introductions. Our unique service allows you to authenticate each person, creating a trust factor when you meet them for the first time.
Imagine having the ultimate dating experience right at your fingertips. Our services enable you to meet new people and gives date ideas tailored through you and your friends interests. For example, say you’re looking for a new favorite restaurant to have a date and perhaps you’re your friends recently Liked one on Facebook. Then add-in that the same restaurant is currently offering discounts such as half off on appetizers or a free drink. We’re able to curate all that information and give you an awesome date suggestion.
Since the launch of our web app on November 1, 2013, we are proud to have reached 20k users in the first two months. The mobile app is expected to release on March 8, 2014.
What are the roles of the Marketing Associate?
At SetMeUp, every day is a new learning experience. Your time is too valuable to be fetching our coffee and performing redundant menial tasks. Below is a glimpse of a few of the important objectives you will master:
● Working beside the team on Brand Development, and realignment and marketing awareness to our key audience and demographics
● Increasing our online presence through (SEO) Search Engine Optimization
● Conceptualizing and creating Digital Marketing Advertisements that will be present on platforms such as Facebook, Google Adwords, etc.
● Organic marketing such as finding and producing content for our Social Media pages such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and much more
● Direct Marketing: Representation as an advocate of our brand. Guerilla marketing and non-traditional tactics and strategies
● Indirect Marketing: designing and sending out press release kits, reaching out and pitching to bloggers, and all other aspects of utilization of the free media
● Research assignments including the online social market and our competitors
● Producing data analysis on our product, user behavior and acquisition, marketing efforts and more.
What specific Skills & Experience that is gained through the Marketing Associate Position?
If accepted into our internship program, you will acquire a complete understanding of what it’s like to be in a competitive marketing environment while participating in all aspects of a go-to market execution of thriving young start-up.
● Entrepreneurial mindset and thorough understanding of keys to start-up success
● Public and interpersonal communication skills
● An ability to produce compelling research and data analysis for decision support
● The knowledge of the complex product development process
● Creative and effective writing skills
● The tools to create effective business plans and objectives
● The understanding on how to conduct advanced analysis methods such as (SWOT) in the marketplace
● Expertise in decision making and meeting deadlines
● Time and risk management fundamentals
● Concrete strategy, development and execution planning
● Tracking offline and online user acquisition trends
Besides gaining valuable real world marketing experience, we have a scaled pay and benefits system which includes:
● Project and objective based compensation including individual and team performance metrics (e.g. Intern teams develop full cycle advertising campaign and are paid upon successful completion)
● Opportunities for personal bonuses and additional incentives based on performance and demonstrated abilities
● Career development advice with seasoned professionals
● Letters of recommendation and personal introductions to influential business leaders
● Tailored program objectives to maximize resume building opportunities, and much more!
21 Drabbington Way
Weston, Massachusetts 02493