Position Title: Marketing Assistant
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Employee Status: Part Time (average of 20 hours/week)
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, on 250 spectacular shorefront acres in the midcoast town of Boothbay, is officially opened to the public in 2007. In 2013 we welcomed nearly 100,000 guests and captured the attention of tourists and horticulturists nationwide. In April of 2013 TripAdvisor named Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens the #1 public garden in the United States.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the marketing team as a marketing assistant. This is part time temporary position but for the right candidate it could have the potential to grow into a permanent position.
The Marketing Department is charged with protecting the CMBG brand, building awareness of the brand and generating traffic through our front gate.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and the third-party web vendor, write and produce content on the website that is updated, accurate and reflects the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens brand.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing, write and produce content for the e-newsletters and brochures that is accurate and reflects the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens brand.
- Maintain and grow the Admission Voucher Program to foster positive relationships with local inns and merchants, and increase Gardens visitation.
- Maintain program calendar content on external websites, the CMBG website, and daily onsite calendar
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage target media list.
- Lead the tracking and analytics of coverage and report on industry news.
- Be a team player with a positive outlook to protect the brand reputation in all aspects of communication.
- Assist the Director of Marketing with the development of PR strategies and plans.
- Work cross functionally with the Director of Marketing, Director of Philanthropy, Director of Education, Director of Horticulture, Director of Facilities and other key staff to assist with key messaging and identify media/press opportunities.
Electronic and Print Communications:
- Maintains and updates the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens website: gathers, previews, creates, and/or edits content for other office communications including Grow! brochures and weekly e-newsletters.
- Coordinates departmental blogs and publishes on the website.
- Collaborate with social media projects to leverage communications strategies.
Admission Voucher Program:
- Assist the Director of Marketing with the management and implementation of the admission voucher program.
- Maintain and update the target list of participating inns and merchants.
- Prepare and distribute vouchers for participating inns and merchants.
- BS/BA in communications-related field; 1+ years of applicable experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with excellent command of the English language to include grammar and professional business communications including a working knowledge of AP style.
- Extremely detail-oriented, ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Experience working within a team to execute individual tasks to achieve a shared goal.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver on project deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, web-based social media platforms.
- Web and blog development experience.
- Enthusiasm for plants and the natural world and a commitment to helping Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens be recognized as one of the best botanical gardens in the world.
Additional Job Information
|Submit your resume and cover letter to Kris Folsom at kfolsom@MaineGardens.org. Deadline for submission is 2/3/13.|