GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position is Managing Director for Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bay Area (RMHCBA), a non-profit organization that provides comfort and care to Bay Area children and families through support of programs including Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles and the RMHC Scholarship Program. As the sole staff person, the Managing Director plays a crucial role in the advancement of the RMHCBA mission, carries out directives set by the Board executive committee and works collaboratively with all licensed RMHC programs in the Bay Area region. The Managing Director helps create and execute the organization’s administrative, outreach and communications activities in support of the RMHCBA’s mission.
Reporting to the president of the RMHCBA Board, the Managing Director is responsible for ensuring organizational stability through strategic board and key stakeholder engagement, external relations and communications, fund development, and sound program management and administration. In this newly established role, the Managing Director will work independently to establish and pilot new administrative systems, policies and procedures. The Managing Director will be the primary external face of RMHCBA in the community, and serve as a collaborative partner with RMHC licensed programs including San Francisco Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald House at Stanford, the Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles of Contra Costa Health Services and Santa Clara Valley Medical Center as well as the local RMHC scholarship program.
- Serve as a liaison between the RMHCBA Board and the RMHC licensed programs in the region;
- Prepare all board reports, schedule meetings, take and distribute minutes, and ensure timely follow-up of action items;
- Ensure all board policies and procedures are up to date and in accordance with RMHC Inc., guidelines;
- Schedule, organize, provide administrative support for all board committee meetings ; take and disseminate minutes if necessary;
- Maintain all necessary records, policies and procedures for RMHCBA.
- Implement a communications plan developed collaboratively with communications partners, Board members and licensed partners;
- Cultivate new and existing relationships with donors, media, and other influential community leaders to strengthen the RMHC brand;
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the reach and reputation of RMHCBA and its related initiatives;
- Represent RMHCBA at RMHC sponsored events in the region;
- Manage all aspects of social media and website communications;
- Develop a strategy to integrate all Ronald McDonald House Charities entities in the Bay Area and work collaboratively with personnel from the Ronald McDonald Houses to implement such a plan.
- In conjunction with the fundraising committee, develop and implement a system to regularly evaluate all fundraising initiatives;
- Enhance existing fundraising initiatives and identify and cultivate new sources of funding;
- Provide professional, donor-centric support to all private, corporate and foundation partners;
- Establish and execute accurate donor management system and procedures.
- Manage the RMHCBA participation in the RMHC Global scholarship program;
- Ensure timely reporting to RMHC Global including a quarterly canister collection report and an annual report. Maintain sound record-keeping practices across the RMHCBA organization
- Manage the canister collection program including ordering of replacement canisters for pick up vendor. Work with vendor to ensure that monthly pickup reports are available for the quarterly canister report.
- Manage invoices and deposits through QuickBooks.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with relationship management experience to grow and further develop a nationally recognized and proven nonprofit organization. The successful candidate will raise the RMHCBA profile in the region through direct program support, partnering closely with the Board of Directors and working collaboratively with RMHC licensed programs.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- At least 6 years of relevant experience with 4 of those years managing responsibilities at program level and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated success developing, executing and evaluating program models, and developing and successfully operationalizing innovative programs;
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems;
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth;
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer groups;
- Demonstrated results managing complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details;
- Personal qualities include high standard of ethics, integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to and passion for RMHCBA’s mission.
Other Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics
- Knowledge and commitment to the RMHCBA’s mission;
- Experience with all Microsoft software applications, including using Excel for program evaluation;
- Comfort and experience in a variety of web-based media including social media, content management systems, and others;
- Work effectively with others to develop strategies, set goals, resolve problems, make decisions, and implement plans that are in the best interest of the organization;
- Ability to multi-task, set and drive priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and track timelines, data and information.
- Strong sense of integrity, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality of donor and project information;
CONTACTS REQUIRED OUTSIDE OF THE ORGANIZATION:
- Board and Committee Members
- McDonald’s Owner/Operators
- Other RMHC Global and local staff
- Media representatives
- Current and potential donors
- Community partners
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- This position is full time
- This position will be based at Ronald McDonald House at Stanford (in Palo Alto) and will require regular travel to San Francisco, San Jose and Walnut Creek.
- Lifting and carrying of tables, canopies and display materials up to 25 lbs may be required when setting up booths or in support of events, as well as other heavy items within the office.
How to apply
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and salary history as attachments in MS Word or PDF format ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the e-mail, please list your first and last name.
520 Sand Hill Road, Palo Alto, CA, 94304, US