Position: Manager of Special Projects
Location: New York, NY
Relay GSE is committed to developing educators who will effectively provide their K-12 students with the academic skills and strength of character needed to succeed in college and life. We seek to reduce the out-of-pocket expense for our students so that financial situation does not impede one from pursuing a degree from Relay GSE. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (or his or her designee), the Manager of Special Projects will administer a best-in-class financial aid program, which effectively and efficiently serves the needs of our unique population of graduate students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a service-oriented environment committed to supporting graduate students’ educational goals and development as exceptional teachers
- Create financial aid policies, application forms, brochures, award letters, and accompanying materials that are all compliant and intuitive for students to complete
- Review financial aid applications and create financial aid award packages for all applicants who apply for and are eligible to receive aid
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of compliance issues for both federal and state policies and serve as Relay GSE’s expert in financial aid legislation
- Respond to any and all graduate students’ concerns and questions in a timely fashion
- Develop and host routine office hours, webinars, and informational sessions to present financial aid information to graduate students
- Design and follow routine communication schedules to inform graduate students of the financial aid cycle
- Perform other duties, as assigned
First and foremost, the Manager of Special Projects must share the team’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher training. Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least four years of professional experience, preferably in the education reform space
- Direct experience working in financial aid is not required
- Intense enthusiasm for tackling challenges in a new field and building systems to overcome hurdles
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to set priorities for use of one’s time, work under pressure, and adjust tasks appropriately
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the opportunity gap
- Authorized to work in the United States
The Relay Graduate School of Education (Relay GSE) is a groundbreaking graduate school with an innovative Master’s degree program designed specifically to respond to today’s urgent demand for effective and successful teachers. Relay GSE is serving approximately 850 novice and early career teachers in New York, Newark, and New Orleans as well as over 120 aspiring and current principals nationally.
Relay GSE’s mission is to teach teachers to develop in all students the academic skills and strength of character needed to succeed in college and life. Our academic programs practically focused, reinforced by the proven practices of high-performing schools, and substantiated by research were designed to enable our graduates to lead their predominantly urban students to demonstrable annual achievement gains. Relay GSE is positioned to bring about transformational change in teacher preparation, becoming the place where a new generation of continuously-improving, results-focused individuals can fulfill their destiny in the world’s greatest profession.
Relay GSE offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
40 West 20th St., 7th floor, New York, New York, 10011, United States