Excel Academy Charter Schools is a growing network of high-performing charter schools dedicated to closing the achievement gap in the Boston area. Founded in 2003, our flagship school in East Boston primarily serves low-income, Latino students and has been the highest-performing public middle school in Massachusetts on the MCAS exam over the last five years. Excel is developing ambitious growth plans. The second school in the network opened in 2011 in Chelsea, and the third school launched last fall in East Boston. Excel will be opening a high school in 2015 that will serve students from all of its middle schools, and is about to launch a Capital Campaign to fund that expansion.
Duties & Responsibilities
Excel is seeking a talented Manager of Recruitment to help lead the organization’s recruiting efforts. Excel believes that hiring excellent teachers and leaders for its schools will continue to drive distinctive performance. Excel’s Manager of Recruitment will report directly to the Director of Recruitment until the Director goes on maternity leave in February 2014, at which point he/she will report directly to the CEO. The Manager will serve as a member of Excel’s Network Team.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Execute local and national recruitment strategies, involving colleges and universities, local and national teacher training programs, non-profit organizations, and more;
- Continue to refine and execute Excel’s recruitment strategies, used to identify and hire roughly 40 individuals annually;
- Develop and sustain positive and productive relationships with strategic local and national partners;
- Exceed ambitious targets for both quantity and quality of candidate leads, with a particular focus on ensuring that Excel’s talent pools reflect the diverse communities we serve;
- Manage job postings, resume review, candidate scheduling, phone interviewing, sample lesson coordinating, reference checking and more;
- Use data to retrospectively evaluate and refine Excel’s approach to generating and selecting candidates who turn out to be high performers;
- Deliver a world-class candidate experience to every lead and applicant, with a focus on stewarding relationships for both near-and long-term hiring needs; and
- Work to ensure that strategic partners, prospects, applicants, external constituents, and all Excel staff members feel positively about the organization and our schools.
- A bachelor’s degree is required;
- At least 1-2 years of recruitment experience is strongly preferred;
- A passionate belief in Excel’s mission, values and educational model;
- Enthusiasm for developing as a recruitment professional in the education reform sector;
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges;
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills;
- An obsessive attention to detail;
- An ability to manage multiple projects in parallel; and
- The ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and work independently.
Excel offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to apply
Would you like to apply to this job? Please visit www.excelacademy.org/donate-get-involved/join-our-team to apply. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.