Job Description: Manager, New Business
Reports to: Director, New Business
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for more than twelve years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our training, technical assistance, and knowledge management activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management. Please visit our corporate website at www.makingcents.com and our knowledge management website at www.youtheconomicopportunities.org.
The New Business Manager supports the implementation of Making Cents International's new business development strategies. The position requires a detail-oriented individual with strong communication skills, clear and concise writing, and proven coordination skills.The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of the USG procurement process, with experience supporting proposal efforts both as a prime contractor and a subcontractor. The ideal candidate will also have experience working on business development efforts focused on private-sector clients and corporate/family foundations. The New Business Manager will often work on and with multiple proposal teams simultaneously and will closely collaborate on proposal efforts with the technical team and the Collaborative Learning & Action Institute (Co-Lab) team. S/he must be able to work under pressure with minimal supervision and enjoy working in a dynamic, small business environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with New Business Development team to support partnership and proposal development processes, including communication with prime contractors and/or partner organizations.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with partners, public- and private-sector clients, and corporate/family foundations.
- Support activities related to Making Cents' Co-Lab, as needed.
- Lead and coordinate the development of proposals and budgets with input from technical staff for both subcontracts and prime contracts.
- Assist in coordinating internal brainstorming sessions, including after-action reviews.
- Format and copyedit text for qualifications statements, past performance statements, and technical proposal inputs.
- Coordinate and draft proposal supporting documents.
- Assist in the recruitment of consultants for proposals.
- Produce and deliver final proposals or proposal inputs under tight deadlines.
- Track new business opportunities on USG and other donor websites.
- Maintain new business tracker and consultant database in Salesforce.
- Regularly update new business marketing materials.
- Attend conferences and networking events on behalf of Making Cents.
- Contribute to overall new business development strategy at Making Cents.
Qualifications and Skills
·Bachelor's Degree in a relevant area; Master's Degree preferred.
·Minimum three years of experience in international development; experience working for a large USAID contractor or grantee required.
·Experience working on USAID proposal responses as a prime contractor or subcontractor, including participating in capture efforts, writing technical sections of proposals, and developing proposal budgets.
·Experience working on grant proposals for private-sector clients and corporate/family foundations preferred.
·Strong demonstrated interest in at least one of Making Cents' technical areas.
·Strong cross-cultural and interpersonal skills.
·Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple concurrent deadlines.
·Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
·Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
·Experience living and/or working in developing countries.
·Proficiency in one or more foreign languages preferred.
- Valid US work permit required.
Working ConditionsNormal office environment, ability to travel in less developed countries up to 10% of the time required.
To Apply:Submit resume and letter of interest online through the Employment Opportunities section of www.makingcents.com, attention to Tijana Dabic, Director, New Business.
1155 30th St NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC, 20007, US