The National Urban League (NUL) seeks a Manager, Entrepreneurship in the Entrepreneurship and Business Services division. Candidate should be an energetic and results oriented individual with strong inter-personal and project management skills to assist in the management of a portfolio of eleven Urban League affiliates that are located throughout the US and operate the Entrepreneurship Center program, along with development of new resources that will enhance and expand the services of the program
The Entrepreneurship Center Program (ECP) enables minority entrepreneurs to take advantage of new business opportunities and qualify for financing that will lead to high-level business growth through the provision of proper management skills. Entrepreneurs who qualify for the program receive individualized management assistance and group training services designed to increase their business acumen and ability to operate their businesses on a profitable basis, increase their market share and offer living wage employment opportunities to residents in their market area.
Successful candidates will have experience managing national entrepreneurship development programs that incorporate business training and consulting services, along with the ability to locate new partnership, both financial and programmatic to expand and enhance the program.
- Oversee management of sub grants that are provided to Urban League program affiliates to ensure that affiliates are on track to meet or exceed performance targets and provide high quality program services
- Track and monitor achievement of annual business plan targets and outcomes for the affiliates for business training and consulting services, along with business financing , bonding and contracts dollars obtained by clients of the program
- Collaborate with other national economic development providers to identify the needs of minority entrepreneurs and create or join existing collaborative activities to address those needs.
- Meet monthly via conference call with affiliate program directors to identify challenges and develop strategies to improve performance
- Assist in the development of information relating to minority business development and economic development that can be placed in monthly newsletter to program clients and other stakeholders
- Provide forum for program affiliates to share best practices and lessons learned
- Evaluate program operating model and determine what upgrades are needed to best address the needs of minority entrepreneurs
- Review monthly information on biz- tracker client management system and
process monthly invoices for program affiliates for service reimbursement
- Develop and implement corrective actions and draft and share recommendations for programmatic enhancements with affiliates as necessary
- Perform site visits on a as needed basis to enhance review affiliate program performance and provide technical assistance as needed
- Assist in the development of the annual Small Business Conference and other divisional training events
How to apply
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to Dale Y. Johnson, Talent Management Department via-email to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: March 1, 2014
The National Urban League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dale Y. Johnson
120 Wall Street,, New York, NY, 10005, US