Relay GSE is positioned to bring about transformational change in teacher preparation on a national scale. In order to support and fund our growing institution, we are eager to hire a Manager of Development. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Manager of Development will work closely with the Chief of Staff and President to create and implement a strategic fundraising and development plan. This individual will cultivate strong relationships with donors, seek out and complete public and private grant proposals, and lead the institution's efforts to raise philanthropic funding to support the Relay GSE mission in NYC and nationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and pursue relentlessly annual and on-going goals to increase philanthropic giving
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff and President to maintain strong relationships with current donors and cultivate relationships with future donors
- Engage donors in our mission by facilitating visits to Relay GSE and visiting foundation/ funder offices
- Create and manage all materials related to fundraising, including presentations, Relay GSE overview materials, institutional growth projections, project lists for donors
- Build and implement a strategy to win public grants, including I3, SEED, and AmeriCorps grants
- Collaborate with state and federal grant management staff as well as the Relay GSE team to ensure full compliance with each public grant
- Prepare and project manage initial grant proposals for prospective donors, as well as interim and end-of-year reports for existing donors
- Manage the Relay GSE Development Dashboard so that current donor information, philanthropy raised to date, prospective donors, and short-term and long-term fundraising goals are readily accessible and up-to-date
- Research and oversee the adoption of a new donor management and fundraising database
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure philanthropic goals and activities align with the organization's budget
- Work closely with the Director of Research to ensure all grant applications incorporate Relay GSE's most recent research data and priorities
First and foremost, the Manager of Development must share the Relay GSE sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher training. Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3-4 years work experience, some experience in development a plus
- Experience working with public federal and state grants a plus
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail skills
- Superb project management skills
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the opportunity gap
- Authorized to work in the United States
The Relay Graduate School of Education (Relay GSE) is a groundbreaking graduate school with an innovative Master's degree program designed specifically to respond to today's urgent demand for effective and successful teachers. Relay GSE is serving approximately 850 novice and early career teachers in New York, Newark, and New Orleans.
Relay GSE's mission is to teach teachers to develop in all students the academic skills and strength of character needed to succeed in college and life. Our academic programs — practically focused, reinforced by the proven practices of high-performing schools, and substantiated by research — were designed to enable our graduates to lead their predominantly urban students to demonstrable annual achievement gains. Relay GSE is positioned to bring about transformational change in teacher preparation, becoming the place where a new generation of continuously-improving, results-focused individuals can fulfill their destiny in the world's greatest profession.
Relay GSE offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.