Do you believe in quality public education? Do you have a passion for Chinese language and culture? Do you want to be part of a great and growing school? Washington Yu Ying Public Charter School is the DC metro-area’s only Chinese immersion school. We provide a world-class education to Washington, DC children–free of charge. Our campus is located on 3 wooded acres within walking distance of the Brookland metro. We’re looking for an additionalManagerto join our business department. We want someone who isn’t afraid of a challenge; who is a self-starter; who can develop efficient and effective systems; who can ensure the school complies with laws and regulations; who can pitch in when needed; and who can be a part of a great team.
Below are the essential job responsibilities of the Manager for the business department:
*Duties outlined in this section represent essential management responsibilities within the business department. Yu Ying reserves the right to change, update, and/or reassign projects among Managers as needed.
- Ensure that the school maintains strong compliance ratings with its governing entities. Key projects include but are not limited to: managing compliance report/document complilation and submission; liaising with external governing entities; supervising data collection and management; managing student enrollment; managing government funds; supervising school meal compliance and operation.
- Manage major human resources functions, such as workforce planning, performance evaluation coordination, benefits administration, employee relations, etc.
- Lead and supervise the school’s accounting activities and vendor relations. Projects include administering payroll; managing weekly check requests; supervising day-to-day accounts payable and receivable activities; supervising supply ordering processes; managing vendors. In addition, the Manager collaborates with the accountants and other staff on financial reporting and audits, and other similar projects.
- Support the school’s implementation and improvement of policies and operations. Major tasks in this area include: support the development and implementation of organizational strategies; develop and recommned policy and procedural improvement; serve as the school’s ethics officer; support talent management.
- Support other business operation projects as needed.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 to 3 years of experiences in business operations. Management experience preferred.
- Appreciation, experience, and understanding of Chinese culture. Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills and strong motivational skills.
- Strong project management, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and the ability to effectively work under the pressure imposed by the high volume of work.
How to apply
Please visit our website for details:
220 Taylor St NE, Washington, DC, 20017, US