Wage Category: Exempt
Director of Digital Strategy
Mon, Nov. 19, 2012
Reporting to the Director, Digital Strategy, the Manager, Brand Content & Community Engagement is responsible for creating the social content calendar, web content, total communication calendar and developing the strategy and executing against Seventh Generation’s engagement plan. This individual must be a strong writer and technologist who understands and appreciates the Seventh Generation mission and can create dynamic compelling brand experiences that deepen the relationship consumers have with us and inspire them to share with others and is perfectly aligned with our mission of inspiring a revolution to nurture the health of the next seven generations.
In addition, this role is responsible for leading the Seventh Generation influencer/consumer engagement plan and manages long term influencer relationships. The Manager, Brand Content & Community will also create and oversee a consumer ambassador program to activate our top fans across social channels.
With one direct report to assist, this role is responsible for content creation, approval, publishing and reporting in addition to developing monthly blog calendar and managing content from outside content creators and bloggers. This role will work extremely close with the PR team in addition to crafting content based on the insights gleaned from the database manager and available analytics tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executing the Social media and content strategy that supports Seventh Generation at the master brand level
- Creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through paid, earned and owned media to drive growth and engagement on Seventh Generation’s websites, social properties and other channels
- Provide reporting and analytics insights on performance KPIs using GA, Radian6, Facebook Insights and other measurement tools that demonstrate success of growth and engagement
- Recommend ways to improve performance through test and learn content plans
- Partner with the Consumer Care team to craft answers to consumer questions in social channels
- Deliver a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why
- Develop and own complete content calendar including website, social, email and more in a way that fosters sharing and amplification
- Ensures consistent brand messaging across all Seventh Generation digital platforms
- Partner with International Marketing Manager to help build out international social and content strategy and assign measurements and milestones to the process
- Analyze the online conversation to guide engagement strategy and share insights with appropriate teams across the organization. Develop proactive approach to finding conversations where they are taking place rather than waiting for them to come to the Seventh Generation platform
- Continued education is a must; strive to be a thought leader and trend setter of the online amplification space by attending conferences, guest speaking and more
- Work with direct report to compile and deliver weekly metrics report of social media platforms to monitor engagement rate, virility, reach and other KPIs agreed upon by Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Marketing, Business or online disciplines. Masters degree preferred
- 4+ years experience on the digital space in a communications role
- Experience writing effective, creative social content that engages consumers at every level and in a variety of platforms
- Ability to prioritize and manage changing requirements and short timelines, as well as multiple overlapping projects simultaneously
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound. Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to follow Seventh Generation policies and procedures
- Experience assembling and analyzing information to find insights, forming a story/point of view supported by data, and then presenting findings graphically for research reports and executive communications
- Demonstrated ability to conduct creative and effective analysis with little supervision
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualified applicants should send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.