CollegeSpring helps students from low-income backgrounds boost SAT scores, navigate the college admissions and financial aid processes, and confidently pursue college degrees; because we believe that all students deserve the opportunity to choose a four-year college education. We partner with schools and community organizations to offer programs during the summer or school year. Our 80-hour SAT test preparation and college readiness programs include classroom courses led by professional teachers, small group tutoring and mentoring led by current undergraduates, and four full-length SAT practice tests. Since 2008, more than 5,000 students from 35 high schools in the Bay Area and Los Angeles have completed our program, improving their SAT scores an average of 180 points and confidently preparing for college. We expect to reach 9,300 additional students over the next three years as our budget expands to $5 million.
The Los Angeles Programs Manager will have the opportunity to help chart the course of a dynamic and quickly scaling non-profit. For more information, visit our website at www.collegespring.org.
CollegeSpring is hiring a Programs Manager for the Los Angeles market. This position will report to the Los Angeles Executive Director and serve as a member of the Programs Team. Major duties include:
- Program Management and Evaluation
- Oversee a portfolio of 4-6 academic year program sites with 100-150 students each.
- Oversee a portfolio of 3-4 summer program sites with 60-120 students each.
- Manage a staff of 7-12 individuals at each site, including teachers, undergraduate mentors, and Program Coordinators.
- Conduct regular observations of and provide feedback to staff members.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff members.
- Maintain relationships with existing partners to ensure retention.
- Conduct regular meetings with site administration.
- Support development of new partnerships and growth of programs.
- Assume primary responsibility for data management and analysis within portfolio including generation and distribution of appropriate reports, adapting program based on student needs, and ensuring timely flow of data to partners and CollegeSpring central office.
- Recruitment and Training of Instructors and Mentors
- Work with partner organizations to identify and recruit talented professional educators to deliver CollegeSpring's curriculum.
- Run external recruitment and hiring process for Summer Instructors.
- Collaborate with Los Angeles Programs Coordinators to coordinate and execute the interviewing, hiring, and placement processes for undergraduate Mentors.
- Work with other members of the Programs Team to plan and execute trainings and professional development experiences for Instructors and Mentors.
- Collaborate with members of the Programs Team, as well as other departments, to execute projects related to organizational priorities.
- Others duties as needed. Some evenings and weekends required to fulfill expectations of the role.
KEY METRICS FOR SUCCESS
- SAT score improvements of > 175 points across all portfolio school sites.
- Retention of > 75% of students from partner organizations each year.
- Average daily attendance at out-of-school sessions of > 75% across all portfolio school sites.
- > 70% of enrolled students complete the program across all portfolio school sites.
- Garner at least 3 high-quality applicants for every open seasonal staff role.
- Retention of > 95% of site-based staff within the duration of CollegeSpring programming.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of full-time teaching or counseling experience required; experience working with low-income students preferred; experience with Los Angeles education organizations preferred.
- Significant professional peer leadership experience required; school leadership experience preferred.
- Professional or volunteer experience in the following areas a plus:
- Data analysis and program evaluation
- Use of Salesforce-platform database to manage student data
- Relationship building/partnership development
- Standardized test prep instruction
- Peer training/professional development
- Volunteer recruitment and/or management
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a flexible, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Belief that all students are capable of success on the SAT and gaining admission to college.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
- Effective multi-tasker who can oversee multiple projects and handle a dynamic work schedule.
- Ability to get the details right without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Working knowledge of office productivity software (MS Office Suite).
How to apply
- Apply online at www.collegespring.org. Applications will not be considered without submission of resume and tailored cover letter.
- Contact Kathy Dominguez, Executive Director, with questions atkdominguez@CollegeSpring.org. Please, no phone inquiries.
CollegeSpring is committed to equal employment opportunity, including decisions regarding employment, for all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, special disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected status.
CollegeSpring is also committed to creating a diverse, open workplace, and we encourage applicants who are members of one or more protected categories.
445 S. Flower Street, STE 2290, Los Angeles, CA, 90071, US