Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a nonprofit organization based in Massachusetts. Our work with schools around the country has shown that positive change is possible when five core strategies for school improvement are implemented together as a comprehensive package. These strategies include:
- Ensuring every student has an excellent teacher and a school leader committed to their success;
- Setting clear, consistent standards for academic achievement and establishing a school-wide focus on preparing all students for college;
- Increasing instructional time;
- Providing daily, small group tutoring to students using highly qualified and well-trained instructors; and
- Collecting assessment data frequently to monitor each student's academic progress and tailoring instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
In late January 2014, Commissioner of Elementary and Secondary Education Mitchell D. Chester selected Blueprint to become the receiver for Paul A. Dever (Dever) Elementary School in Boston. As receiver, Blueprint will assume full responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of our five core strategies in order to provide an excellent education to all students who attend.
The Literacy Instructional Specialist at the Paul A. Dever School will assist K-5 teachers and other staff to develop strategies, skills, tools, techniques, and capacity to effectively teach reading and writing to all students.
- Lead the implementation of a school-wide literacy plan anchored by ambitious learning goals for students;
- Coach staff to plan and deliver effective literacy instruction that ensures that all students are prepared for success;
- Create and present professional development on areas of identified need, including strategies for best serving ELL and Special Education students;
- Facilitate Professional Learning Community meetings in which teachers analyze student data, plan instruction, and develop a shared understanding of effective literacy instruction;
- Guide teachers to collect and analyze data and develop action plans in response to determined student needs;
- Oversee development and implementation of literacy interventions and supports for students;
- Gather and provide resources for teachers to supplement the curriculum and ensure student achievement;
- Help assess student strengths and needs through classroom observation, interpretation of data, and the evaluation of student work;
- Maintain collaborative relationships with teachers that allow for the exchange of honest feedback and professional growth.
- Master's Degree preferred;
- 5+ years teaching experience;
- ESL/ELL licensure and/or SEI endorsement highly preferred;
- Demonstrated success in improving student achievement;
- Deep knowledge of K-5 literacy instruction, instructional coaching, and curriculum development;
- Understanding of the Common Core State Standards and current literacy instruction research;
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills;
- Interpersonal skills (communication, problem solving, conflict management, collaboration) to share research-based instructional approaches and provide advice, mentoring, and coaching to teachers and other staff;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Unwavering belief that all students can succeed.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply through our online system. To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and two professional references at http://blueprintschools.theresumator.com/apply.
NOTE: Please indicate within your cover letter if you are a current staff member of Dever A. Elementary School and/or if you have teaching experience working within a dual-language instruction school.
Blueprint Schools Network is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V