The LCSW will provide intensive case management, care coordination, and oversight of case managers addressing the complex problems facing homeless veterans transitioning to and maintaining permanent housing in the community, and primarily, assist same with resolving barriers and finding/maintaining stable housing.
- Engage veterans living in supportive housing and assist them in meeting the ongoing demands of community living and maintaining their housing, linking them to services that supportive of their self-directed goals, independence and self-determination.
- Provides treatment in accordance with scope of practice and regulations governing Veterans Administration regulations and other applicable laws.
- Actively monitors the integrity of consumer data; responsible for the reliability and accuracy of clinical data housed by the Veterans Administration Computerized Patient Record Treatment (CPRS) associated SUS' Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Practice Management software; documents all services in accordance with SUS policies, VA regulations and all relevant federal laws; maintains the strict confidentiality of consumers currently engaged in or formerly a recipient of treatment services.
- In coordination with relevant members of the SUS management team, conducts limited outreach and marketing to potential referral sources internal and external to SUS; active liaison with community service providers, hospitals, and other prospective referral sources is may be required.
- Coordinates care with SUS and the VA's nurse practitioners, psychiatrists and administrative staff; closely coordinates with clinicians external to SUS as appropriate.
- Utilizes best and evidence-based approaches to treatment consistent with SU5' organizational culture; health/mental health integration, rehabilitation and recovery, and wellness approaches figure prominently.
- Supervises MSW students completing their Field Placement at the clinic. Supervision includes face to face clinical supervision, documentation reviews, review of academic assignments and projects, completion of evaluations and meeting with University liaison as necessary
- Works collaboratively with Program Director to ensure the delivery of high quality services to veterans.
- Provide Case Management and care coordination for veterans in supportive housing, engage clients in the development of rehabilitation and housing support goals, and collaborate with them in developing a Housing Support Plan.
- Complete service plans and required reviews for all clients
- Regularly assess, correct and report apartment and personal living space inspections conditions as assigned.
- LMSW or LCSW degree required; Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI)
- 5 or more years of experience in the social services working with individuals with diverse ethnicities, backgrounds and preferences, living with mental illness and recent history of homelessness,
- Strong knowledge of all laws and regulations associated with the Veterans. Knowledge of new VA regulations and best practices also required;
- Understanding of veteran homelessness, supportive housing and apartment finding, services in supportive housing (e.g. case management, life skills building), mental illness, substance abuse disorders, public systems and issues affecting homeless veterans.
How to apply
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dvj8vyk
Apply Online, New York, NY, 10006, US