The License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is an important member of the Native American Health Center's Community Wellness and Medical departments, and its integration efforts. The LCSW is a key member of the primary care team and works in conjunction with medical providers and patients to meet the patient's health care needs. The LCSW performs mental health screenings, assessments, diagnoses, and brief interventions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement treatment plans which assist patients and families to cope and/or restore social, emotional, financial and environmental factors which affect and/or are affected by illness.
- Provide intakes, assessments, health screenings, case management and curbside consultation.
- Supervise ASWs and other license-eligible staff. Resolve staffing issues and facilitate conflict resolution for staff under direct supervision. Hire, discipline, evaluate and terminate staff in coordination with the Human Resources department.
- Participate in case conferences, behavioral health rounds, panel management and medical staff meetings, and trainings as directed.
- Collaborate with providers to meet multiple complex needs of patients, including warm hand-offs.
- Refer participants and their families to appropriate community agencies or facilities; act as liaison with such organizations and advocate for patients and/or their families.
- Document patient visits in the electronic health record system, NextGen, during visit (per AIMS model.)
- Responsible for meeting mental health deliverable goals as outlined in grants, contracts and as defined by site goals.
- Act as behavioral health program management contact for behavioral health integration, including liaising with Behavioral Health Care Services (BHCS), and AIMS Center.
- Interact with police, psychiatric services, and other community agencies and staff as needed.
- Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with members proactively to drive quality improvement initiatives in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards, when assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or Site Director.
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Social Work.
- Must be licensed as a Clinical Social Worker in the state of California.
- Must have performed at least 2 years of supervised clinical social work.
- Must have provided at least 2 years of clinical supervision in social work.
- One year experience required in maternal and child health programs.
- Must have thorough knowledge of social work principles and practices, including case management, individual and group counseling techniques, diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
- Specialized training and experience in the principals of integrating behavioral health assessment and treatment in the primary care setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in crises situations, as well as ability to work effectively on a team.
- Must meet standards of character under PL 101-630, section 408, Character Investigation, subsection (a) and PL 101-647, section 231, Requirement for Background Check, subsection (c), and agree that employer can contact the last two employers, the sex abuse detective division of local law enforcement and Child Protective Services of the last two counties in which the person has lived or worked to inquire as to the suitability of the person to work with children.
- One year of experience working for maternal and child health programs.
- Experience working with vulnerable patient populations.
- Current knowledge of Federal/State regulations relative to social work.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish.
- Knowledge of community resources/services.
- Knowledge of Case Management, Managed Care, Medicare, Medi-Cal, Senior, Commercial and HMO insurance regulations required.
How to apply
Please complete our provider application on our website and submit along with your cv and cover letter.
If interested, please forward resume and cover letter to:
3124 International Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94601
2950 International Blvd., Oakland, CA, 94601, US