Vision House is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit Christian transitional housing program for homeless single mothers and their children, and for homeless single men recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
Training for this position will take place for two weeks in RENTON. Position will provide case management for women with children in our family program at our SHORELINE facility, JACOB’S WELL, beginning in November 2013.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist residents with health, employment, educational/vocational and permanent
- housing goals.
- Help maintain a healthy, alcohol/drug free environment.
- Assist intake coordinator with screening and interviewing of clients providing coverage for staff maternity leave.
- Conduct crisis intervention and resource calls.
- Participate in interventions and voluntary/involuntary terminations.
- Maintain contact with agencies that provide VH referrals.
- Maintain connections with community resources.
- Participate in weekly supervision and case staffing meetings.
- Participate in regularly scheduled unit inspections.
- Assist with donations and the preparation of units.
- Maintain case notes in resident tracking database
- Complete housing authority paperwork and provide reports.
- Help organize and implement monthly community meetings.
- Respond to emergencies and/or after hours crises and carry JW emergency phone.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. Degree in Social Service field, A.A. degree, M.A. degree preferred.
- Four (4) years of experience working with diverse and/or special needs population.
- Working knowledge of alcohol/drug addiction and recovery.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrate good listening and interactive communication skills.
- Experience in guiding, directing, or teaching people.
- Experience in crisis intervention and resources
- Personal characteristics: approachable, empathetic, flexible, discerning.
- Computer Skills: Word, Access and Excel.
- Washington State driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and move 35 pounds.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule depending on program needs.
- Ability to work 1-2 evenings a week
- Ability to be on-call to respond to afterhours emergencies
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to sign our Statement of Faith