POSITION SUMMARY: The Case Manager provides comprehensive case management, counseling and career guidance services to 10 homeless young adults who are single in a low barrier Transitional Living Program (TLP). The Case Manager will be part of a team delivering support services and temporary housing to young people moving towards self-sufficiency.
1. Provide ongoing career guidance and educational counseling.
2. Identify educational resources and job training programs.
3. Hold a series of workshops in job interviewing and preparation, career exploration, etc.
4. Coordinate a life skills class for residents each month.
5. Help locate resources for financial aid.
6. Assist in gaining access to on-going healthcare.
7. Assist in providing access to transportation for youth attending school, job interviews, appointments, etc.
8. Coordinate delivery of resident's case management in all areas of education, employment, personal and health needs.
9. Ensure that Resident Responsibilities in their Housing Contract are followed.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of this position
at Friends of Youth. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our
clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even
beyond the specific responsibilities listed in the description.
1. Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Bachelor's Degree plus five years of experience.
2. Experience working with abused and/or homeless youth preferred.
3. Experience in youth education and employment programs preferred.
BENEFITS: Friends of Youth provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan and matching, vacation leave, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT FRIENDS OF YOUTH:
Founded in 1951, Friends of Youth provides a comprehensive range of shelter, housing, counseling and prevention services for youth and young adults and their families in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. Friends of Youth is the primary provider of services for homeless youth and young adults in East King County. Services include street outreach, emergency shelter, transitional living programs, supported permanent housing, employment and mental health support.
To learn more about Friends of Youth, please visit our web site at www.friendsofyouth.org
How to apply
APPLICATION PROCESS: A Resume and a cover letter addressing your qualifications should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
13116 NE 132nd St., Kirkland, WA, 98034, US