LTLT, Land Trust for the Little Tennessee, is seeking to hire a Land Protection Manager to work with the Land Protection Director to achieve the conservation goals of LTLT through the origination and execution of projects throughout its seven-county area. The Land Protection Manager may also assist in on-going general stewardship, protected lands monitoring and outreach.
– Manage initiatives of land acquisition program, including receiving conservation easements, fee simple purchase, fee simple divestment, landowner outreach, and transaction execution.
– Manage government and foundation grant applications for land conservation.
– Stay updated on all legislative issues related to conservation tax benefits, policies, etc.
– Help develop strategic planning related to land conservation.
– An outgoing, friendly personality, with the ability to meet new people easily and to quickly earn their confidence.
– A passion for conservation, and a willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds to accomplish LTLT’s mission.
– Bachelors and/or masters degree in natural resources management, land planning, nonprofit management, law, real estate or related field.
– Experience in land trust work, closely related land conservation activity or not-for-profit organizational experience a strong plus, but not required.
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. A self-starter, with the ability and flexibility to plan new programs and expand existing programs.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits which include health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick time, and a pension plan.
Resumes may be sent electronically to email@example.com. Please submit resume with references by March 1, 2013.