JOB TITLE: K-12 Curriculum and Evaluation Coordinator
PROGRAM: Youth Services
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director, Youth Services
HISTORY and MISSION
The Youth Policy Institute transforms Los Angeles neighborhoods using a holistic approach to reduce poverty by ensuring families have access to high quality schools, wrap-around education and technology services, enabling a successful transition from cradle to college and career. Since 2001, YPI has served families in Los Angeles at 125 sites throughout the city. YPI has an annual budget of $41 million (including affiliated charter schools) and offers families education and training resources in the areas of afterschool, job training, early childhood education, physical education, adult literacy and ESL, computer literacy, charter schools, and college preparation. YPI also supports efforts to boost the capacity and effectiveness of small grassroots nonprofits that provide essential services for youth. Each year, YPI helps more than 100,000 youth and adults each year through these programs.
The Youth Policy Institute is currently seeking a K-12 Curriculum and Evaluation Coordinator for its Youth Services after-school program. The Curriculum and Evaluation Coordinator will work together to manage and deliver high quality tutoring services to approximately 51 school sites in Los Angeles and San Fernando area. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for developing and selection of the program curriculum and assessments for the department. Coordinator will lead ongoing training aligned to program needs.
- Oversee the implementation of high quality after school curriculum at approximately 51 school sites
- Support with all academic grant requirements for assigned school sites
- Conduct informal and formal observations of curriculum tutorial sessions to ensure their effectiveness and identify needs
- Partner with school staff (site coordinators, administrators, teachers, etc.) to develop and implement tutoring program
- Work closely with Regional Supervisor and Project Specialists
Curriculum and Training
- Responsible for the development and selection of curriculum to be used by the program that is aligned to after school site academic requirements and Common Core
- Development of training for after school staff and program academic tutors to prepare them to provide high quality tutoring services in particular with STEM and Common Core standards
- Lesson planning development & support for all grade levels assigned
- Development and selection of program assessments that measure academic and attitudinal progress
- Provide follow up training to school sites and/or individuals as needed
- Development of grade specific tutoring strategies and tools to use in the after-school setting
- Align lesson plan, assessments and overall tutoring instruction to Common Core as it relates to after-school programming
- California Teaching Credential; Multiple Subject preferred
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Experience working with ELL students
- 3-5 years of designing and implementing lesson plans in math, science and language arts
- Previous experience working with schools
- 3-5 years of developing and delivering high quality training for small and large groups in
- Experience developing academic and attitudinal assessments
- Experience collecting, synthesizing and report academic data
- Must present proof of negative Tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days.
- Access to reliable transportation to transport training materials to various sites. If applicable, will be required to provide current driver’s license, proof of acceptable driving record (current H-6 DMV printout), and proof of liability auto insurance
- CLAD/BCLAD highly encouraged
- A strong understanding of Common Core state standards
- A strong understanding of the After-School academic setting.
- The ability to develop and deliver training sessions in group settings in relation to Common Core, ELL and STEM
- 3-5 years of curriculum development experience
- Experience and a strong track record of assisting students in an academic environment specifically in STEM and language arts
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a huge plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and work in a fast pace environment; available to work weekends as needed
- Must be deadline oriented with the ability to multitask and handle various projects and responsibilities
- Ability to work with varied populations, such as school administrators, teachers, parents and students
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
Salary ranges from $45,000 to $55,000 depending on experience and relevant education
Monday through Friday especially during and after school hours; some weekend work is required
YPI is an equal opportunity employer.
634 South Spring Street, 10th floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90014, US