The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC), a Washington, D.C. based national policy and advocacy organization is seeking a highly motivated, articulate and politically facile person to help manage our external issues and legislative campaigns. ASBC represents over 165,000 companies and 60+ business organizations across the US and makes the business case to legislators and the media for adopting policies and programs that build a sustainable economy. www.asbcouncil.org
The full-time position involves:
- Recruiting, educating and engaging ASBC business partner organizations and individual businesses to support campaign positions, advocacy and media opportunities.
- Attending and representing ASBC's policy positions at meetings on Capitol Hill, federal agencies, and partner coalitions as directed by ASBC senior policy team members.
- Preparing issue briefs and policy analyses on assigned issues.
- Developing online campaign materials and action alerts.
- Assisting with event management/planning.
- Able to size up the political dynamics of an issue; understand the concerns of different constituencies and how to motivate their members to engage in the policy process.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and writing. Able to craft pithy 'action alerts', as well as longer, well-researched background documents.
- Adept at establishing and managing strategic partnerships and coalitions.
- Background in politics, Capitol Hill, campaign issues management, or business, or communications
- Able to travel periodically.
- Familiar with SalesForce, and online campaign tools
- Minimum Bachelors Degree, 3 years experience in policy-related field.
Send resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com.