Rainforest Trust seeks an experienced International Conservation project Manager to oversee more than 30 conservation projects across the tropics, primarily in Latin America. Rainforest Trust is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 1988. Partnering with the most highly respected conservation organizations in other countries, Rainforest Trust supports the purchase and protection of rainforest acres and critical habitat for endangered species through community engagement and local partnership. To date, we have saved more than 7 million rainforest acres. We are an efficient organization, earning the top 4-star rating from Charity Navigator.
The successful candidate for this position will work closely with the CEO and Senior staff.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of conservation projects across the tropics.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with in-country project partners and staff.
- Identify and steward prospective projects and partners.
- Review and meet all reporting deadlines.
- Participate actively in project fundraising efforts.
Prior experience with non-profit organizations and a personal passion for conservation and wildlife is essential. Other requirements:
- International conservation experience is essential.
- Masters/Ph.D. and/or significant experience in conservation biology, environmental sciences, or related field preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient, self-starting, and excellent organizational skills.
- Fluent Spanish language skills required.
The job will be based full-time in our office in Warrenton, VA.
How to apply
Please send applications to info@RainforestTrust.org by March 19th. Please include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your resume and your salary aspirations and any specific requirements.
25 Horner St, Warrenton, VA, 20186, US