Aging and Disability Resource Center
Information & Assistance Program Manager
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual with strong management experience to grow and expand an existing program with a small team in a well established social service organization.
Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of supervisory and management experience, and the ability to learn to use a specialized computer database are required. Experience with a non-profit human service organization or information call center is a plus.
As manager of the Senior HelpLine team, the successful candidate must have strong leadership skills: the ability to manage a small team within complex organizational structures; proven experience with skill-building and negotiation; strength in managing, developing, coaching and retaining staff; and empowering staff to increased awareness of role responsibility, skills and performance.
– Strong proficiency in use of information technology, including computerized databases, Windows 7, and Microsoft Office 2010.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially listening skills; and a defined attention to detail.
– Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, commitment; and passion for our mission of promoting empowerment, independence, and person-centered planning for clients.
– Develop and implement a growing program to enhance the skill, experience and professional development needs of an Information and Assistance team to meet current and future needs of elders and those with disabilities and their family caregivers.
– Work with staff to develop or strengthen existing objective performance measurements across Information and Assistance services to ensure high quality evaluation and goal setting for staff.
– Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling direct oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
– Provide Senior Helpline phone coverage for vacations, emergencies, staff trainings, lunches and gap coverage as needed and appropriate.
– Attend all local and statewide meetings/trainings necessary to fulfill contractual agreements.
– Develop and submit all I&A related programmatic and statistical reports in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an outreach agenda to promote and encourage utilization of ADRC I&A by consumers and community providers.