We're seeking passionate individuals, regardless of background, for a new ICT Business & Quality Assurance Analyst position.
One year with the possibility to extend, full-time job.
Human Network International (HNI) is a global development organization dedicated to bringing the benefits of technology to individuals and organizations working in the developing world. We work across all sectors to promote the free flow of information between vulnerable groups and the humanitarian and development professionals dedicated to helping them.
We're dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, user-centered and open-source. Our clients are humanitarian and development organizations with ambitious missions to make the world a better place. They trust us to deliver the innovative thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. By joining HNI, you join a diverse community of bright individuals whose purpose is to design, create and deliver innovative technological solutions with the goal of bridging the development divide.
- Be instrumental in the analysis, design, development and testing of our on-going data collection tool DataWinners and other custom-designed services using a wide range of cutting edge and mainly open source technologies
- Prioritize client needs and think through hard problems while working with our international team to make them a reality
- Ensure good collaboration among our stakeholders: Clients, User Experience Designers, Quality Assurance Experts, Business Analysts, Developers and key HNI staff by removing roadblocks and fostering communication
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of DataWinners using agile development best practices
- Help facilitate Usability Testing and ensure User-Centered Design
- Provide strategic guidance to the developer teams
- Assure the quality of our products and services to guarantee successful implementation of specific features
- Develop testing strategies that meet the ever-changing requirements of our user-centric solutions and business goals
- Identify and prioritize issues that need to be fixed by the developer teams
- Work in close collaboration with our developer teams in Bangalore, India and Antananarivo, Madagascar throughout the entire implementation process
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- 3 years of work experience in at least one of the following:
- Designing, developing and working with mobile technology solutions in the developing world
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- User Experience, Graphic Design
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Degree in one of the above mentioned fields highly desirable
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a period of time you thrive at adapting to changing environments
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate
- Organizational capacity and experience in working in a busy office environment with a high work-load and regular deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently, flexibility and willingness to adapt to new tasks as needed
- Good common sense and ability to approach situations and challenges with a creative and open mind
- Demonstrated ability to manage on-going software projects in developing countries
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French highly desirable
- Good cross-cultural and interpersonal skills
Preferred Start Date
Starts very modest. However, HNI is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization with great potential for career advancement, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Quarterly reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
How to apply
- Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: "ICT Business & Quality Assurance Analyst" + name of the site that referred you).
- If you are a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS).