The DVCC, is seeking a Housing & Economic Advocate to provide direct services to clients at our Stamford and Norwalk locations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting clients in finding and retaining safe and affordable housing, supporting clients in increasing economic independence, advocating on behalf of clients with landlords and/or housing service providers, connecting clients to collateral community supports and engaging in community outreach.
This position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently,
- High motivation and strong organization
- Ability to function in a fast paced/crisis environment
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
This is a part-time position for 20 H/W to be paid at an hourly rate of $17.00 to $21.00.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Housing & Economic Advocate”
Please, no phone calls.
777 Summer Street Suite 400, 5 Eversley Ave Suite 300, Norwalk/Stamford, Connecticut, 06851/06901, United States