Objective: Provide case management, advocacy and support services to clients seeking or participating in Shelter Plus Care and other housing programs. Provide housing search and referral assistance to other homeless clients in need, placing in housing as quickly as possible.
Expectations: Demonstrated experience and sensitivity to diverse cultures, issues of homelessness, causes and impacts of disability, including substance abuse and mental disability. Able to set limits and follow through, act as team member, tolerance for stressful situations. Sense of humor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and family needs assessments
- Assess potential client's suitability for housing programs, ensuring applicants meet guidelines for income, homelessness and disability.
- Clearly communicate program expectations and requirements
- Develop with clients individual and family case management plans to ensure stability and growth through participation in housing programs.
- Assist clients with necessary applications for mainstream resources.
- Assist clients with housing search.
- Advocate for clients needs; interact with landlords and rental agents.
- Maintain regular contact with clients.
- Documentation daily of services provided; maintain client files and case notes.
- Assist other staff with intake and assessment of Women's Drop-In clients.
- Act as team member, assisting with other duties as needed.
- Two years demonstrated experience with case management with homeless and at-risk persons. Social work degree preferred. Experience with Shelter Plus Care or other housing programs will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to relate in a non-judgmental, supportive way to homeless women and children.
- Knowledge of mainstream resources and ability to provide effective referrals.
- Knowledge of housing resources.
- Commitment to community building and individual empowerment.
- Ability to assist clients with skills to obtain and maintain stable housing.
- Emotional maturity, ability to work with diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to take direction from Executive Director, work as an effective team member, balancing job duties and needs of program as whole.
- Capacity and energy to contribute to program growth and development.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Proof of current TB test. Car with proof of insurance. California drivers license.