Operation HOPE is a non-profit organization looking for a talented Homeownership Counselor in Birmingham, AL. For the past twenty years Operation HOPE has been dedicated to empowering underserved communities through financial literacy. Now, our work encompasses much more than financial education. Our work is about instilling knowledge and confidence in those we serve so they can experience, sometimes for the first time in their lives, financial dignity.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide one-on-one counseling and group education on the home buying process and assist individuals to improve their financial profile in order to qualify for a mortgage loan. Identify, recruit, educate, counsel potential and exiting homeowners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and conduct home buyer workshops and classes
- Enroll and counsel potential homeowners in the Case Management counseling program
- Provide homeownership counseling by providing one-on-one credit, debt and savings counseling to individuals for the purpose of qualifying for a home loan
- Conduct follow up appointments to successfully assist individuals in completing the program
- Input, track, and update clients in Client Management System
- Maintain program client files
- Prepare credit bureau dispute letters and settlement letters for program clients (when applicable)
- Provide down payment assistance counseling for homeownership counseling participants (when applicable)
- Enroll, track the progress, and follow-up with program clients and clients participating in the HOPE Fund Matching Grant (when applicable)
- Community outreach and business development
- Recruit for and promote HOPE programs and services
- Maintain a neat clean work area
- Establish referral relationships and additional funding opportunities
- Ensure that all program goals, standards and policies are met
- Complete production and activity reports
- Meet production goals
- Facilitate the lending process
- Facilitate realtor and lender partner relationships
- Ability to articulate the mission, objectives and programs of the organization
- Perform all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned
Adaptability, Administrative skills, Analysis, Control, Delegation, Diagnostic, Impact, Interpersonal Relations, Leadership, Learning Ability, Motivation, Persuasiveness, Planning Ability, Personally well- organized, Presentation, Resilience, Safety, Subordinate Development, Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, Attention to Detail, Cooperation, Decision-Making, Energy, Flexibility, Independence, Information Retrieval, Initiative, Integrity, Organization, Professionalism, Stress Tolerance, Verbal Fact-Finding, High Work Standards. Basic understanding and experience working with Excel, Word, and Publisher.
Bachelor's Degree required
Housing counseling or financial planning/credit counseling experience
Experience in loan packaging and counseling preferred
Experience in outside sales and outreach preferred
Ability to interact with all levels within a corporate environment
Normal office environment, ability to walk, stand, sit, and talk on the phone for long periods of time in a professional manner. Ability to work and travel outside the office in the field and to coordinate and facilitate workshops/trainings/events throughout the region.
Aptitudes: Ability to effectively monitor the progress of program participants.
Temperament: Willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary to meet a goal, takes time to help customers and others achieve their goals and assignments.
Interests: Public contact, communication of plans and ideas.
How to apply
Please send your resumes to Mr. Lance Triggs at Lance.Triggs@operationhope.org.
Mr. Lance Triggs