New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an innovative child welfare agency located in Midtown Manhattan, which provides services to medically fragile children and their families. NAC is currently seeking applicants for a Homefinder/Social Worker, Bilingual preferred.
1. To assess and prepare prospective foster/adoptive families who will provide homes for children in need. Facilitates the matching process of children referred for placement with the most appropriate family.
2. Collaborates with agency Recruiter to identify prospective families through community outreach, recruitment fairs, and orientation programs.
3. Assesses foster parent applicants for their potential suitability as a foster/adoptive parent through in home and office interviews to all household members.
4. Co-trains all prospective foster families in approved pre-certification training curriculum.
5. Completes all ACS and NAC paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation in foster parent records conforms to agency, City and State regulatory requirements.
6. Maintains caseload through Connections, including bed availability, training, and annual re-certification of assigned families. Maintains hard copy of foster parent records.
7. Accepts referrals for placement and facilitates appropriate placements into certified homes.
8. Participates in Family Team Conferences and Case Reviews as needed.
9. Responsible for 24-hour on-call duty and Saturday office coverage on a rotating basis.
10. May provide individual therapy and/or group work services as assigned.
11. May be asked to assist other units on an as needed basis.
MSW from an accredited school of social work; LMSW preferred.
Child Welfare experience; prior work in foster care preferred.
Prior experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Comprehensive oral and written Spanish language skills preferred.
How to apply
How to Apply:
Please specify position of interest when applying and submit resume to:
New Alternatives for Children, Inc
15 West 26th Street, 8th floor
New York, NY 10010
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”
37 West 26th Street, New York City, NY, 10010, US