Fiver is seeking a Program Supervisor to work directly with Fiver children and families and to supervise and implement new and existing programs. This position reports to the Program Director. Fiver employees are team players, dedicated to the Fiver mission and share a passion for serving children.
- Meet with Fiver 9th and 10th graders to provide guidance, support and referrals
- Coordinate programs for Fiver’s High School Students
- Programs include: health, career readiness, healthy decision making, arts education, civic responsibility and leadership development.
- Update and make additions to all existing curriculum areas as needed.
- Meet with school counselors, parents and community organization representatives to coordinate services
- Visit and assist at Camp Fiver for 2 weeks ever summer.
- Implement city based summer programs for high school participants (which may include internship & job training program)
- Fulfill minimum number of assigned meetings with Fiver participants as assigned by supervisor
- Attend weekly program team and supervision meetings.
- Coordinate and facilitate 2 teen council meetings each month.
- Travel throughout New York City to meet with participants, schools and other Fiver partners
- Work evening and/or weekend hours as programs and counseling requires
- Assist in planning of annual Fiver events (Family events, School Breaks, Community Service, etc)
- Take initiative in suggesting program improvements to meet the needs of Fiver participants
- Document all meetings with Fiver participants and other parties in a timely manner.
- Document all attendance, individual participant notes and program overviews/reflections.
- Assist with data collection and management as needed to assist in evaluation of the Fiver program
Passion for serving children and for carrying out the Fiver mission
Direct service experience with children
Strong written and verbal skills
Advanced computer knowledge
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
How to apply
Send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
519 Eighth Ave, 24th Floor, New York, NY, 10018, US