POSITION: High School English Teacher
A High School English Teacher teaches at least four forty-five minute periods of English Language Arts, separated into English Skills and English Literature each day. A high school English Teacher’s primary task is to foster a student-centered learning environment that promotes student achievement in a safe and nurturing atmosphere. The English Teacher’s goal is to help students achieve fluency in spoken and written English, as well as critical thinking and problem solving skills related to the study of the English Language. An English Teacher will most likely also be asked to serve as a homeroom teacher for one high school class.
Homeroom teachers supervise the homeroom program, conduct Student-Parent-Teacher conferences, advise students, communicate with parents, and assist in fundraising activities for the class.
Applicants with a background in education are preferred, but anyone with an interest in teaching who possesses a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Assumption School Teacher shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Work with the Administration, Faculty and Staff in implementing and living the School Motto, School Rules and ESLR’s.
- Maintain accurate records of enrollment, attendance, and student evaluations.
- Be in school by 7:45am and must remain in school until at least 4:45pm.
- Attend PTA meetings, faculty meetings, and any others as specified by the Principal.
- Plan and clear with the Principal excursions, field trips, picnics, speakers, extra curricular activities, etc!.
- Turn in lesson plans to the Vice Principal for the following week on Thursday. Syllabus for each class must be turned in at the beginning of the school year.
- Oversee and implement appropriate classroom management techniques to ensure a safe and productive learning environment for all students.
- Treat every student with love and respect, the way Jesus would.
- Be responsible for school equipment, books and supplies used for all classes. An inventory of all materials should be turned in by subject teachers within a week after the fourth quarter examinations.
- Prepare mid-quarter progress reports, quarterly report cards, and honours lists as well as end of the year awards for their homeroom.
- Homeroom teachers are responsible for the care and general appearance of their homeroom and of their homeroom’s cleaning area at all times.
- Homeroom teachers must make every effort to decorate their classrooms with student work and to periodically vary their art work to enhance student’s interest and enthusiasm for their homeroom. Classroom assigned to teachers should be thoroughly cleaned at the end of the school year
- Provide at least 90-minutes of afternoon tutoring sessions throughout the week and have hours posted for students to view.
- Homeroom teacher should be present in all class and extra curricular activities, like parties; picnic; field trip; etc!
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Teachers are expected to:
- Be courteous and professional in their relationship with students and colleagues.
- Be neat and wear culturally appropriate attire to school. (No jeans or shorts to work.)
- Strive to improve their educational and standards through study, workshops, reading, etc…
- Avoid unfavorable criticism of associates.
- Take the responsibility of reporting matters harmful to the welfare of the school community.
- Transact official business only through the properly designated official.
- Set good examples of health habits (examples: not smoking in the classrooms, faculty, school office; good grooming; physical, mental, social, spiritual well-being).
- Set good examples of energy conservation and environmental protection (examples: turning off lights, air conditioner, fans when classroom is not use; segregation, recycling, and reusing of non-biodegradable, etc!)
THIS POSITION’S CONTRACT IS FOR A 2-YEAR COMMITMENT
How to apply
Please send cover letter, CV (resume) and 2 references to email@example.com. If selected for an interview, you will be contact via email. Skype interviews will be conducted.
P.O. Box 3146, Majuro, Majuro Atoll, 96960, Marshall Islands