About the Alliance:
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation, founded by the American Heart Association and the William J. Clinton Foundation, works to reduce the prevalence of childhood obesity and to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits. The Alliance works with schools, companies, community organizations, healthcare professionals and families to transform the conditions and systems that lead to healthier children. To learn more and join the movement, visit www.HealthierGeneration.org.
The Healthy Schools Program (HSP) is an initiative of the Alliance that supports schools in the development of healthier school environments and recognizes schools that succeed. The Healthy Schools Program supports more than 18,000 schools in all 50 states with an annual budget of $8 million per year.
It is the goal of the Alliance to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements.
This position is grant funded.
Overview of the Position:
The Program Evaluation Specialist is responsible for managing in the design and implementation of effective evaluation and needs assessment activities for the Healthy Schools Program. The successful candidate will have experience in working with health program and school related data, and with creating and implementing assessment and evaluation tools. S/he will also have strong analytical and communications skills, as well as an acute attention to detail.
Reporting to the Alliance for a Healthier Generations’ Healthy Schools Program Director of Evaluation and Reporting, the Program Evaluation Specialist will perform the following job duties:
- Management of internal and external evaluations, to include the creation and implementation of appropriate tools for evaluation purposes, such as logic models and data collection plans.
- Under the direction of the Director of Evaluation and Reporting, leading the development of effective customized short and long-term evaluation strategies, instruments, and tools.
- Design and aggregate reports and queries that meet the needs of HSP Leadership, HSP Network Director, HSP Regional Directors, and other Alliance staff and stakeholders.
- Manage and execute data management, analysis and reporting systems needed for strong HSP program evaluation
- Design, implement and strengthen systems to ensure data utilization for program improvement and communications
- Produce accurate and reliably valid reports, and ensure quality control of data entry.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of evaluation results and assist in the development of recommendations to increase program effectiveness.
- Identify data enhancements and additional components needed to monitor evolving and expanding program activities
- Manage formative and topic-based research for product development and revisions to program approach, content, or implementation
- Perform any additional duties deemed necessary by the Director of Evaluation and Reporting
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Evaluation, or related field required. Degree, coursework, and work experience related to public policy, specifically to education research and best practices.
- Minimum of two years of successful experience in assisting in program design and evaluation
- including: assisting with or managing a program design process from initial to final proposal; and developing a comprehensive detailed implementation plan; and timeline for results.
- Minimum of two years of successful experience in assisting in evaluating programs including: Developing a comprehensive evaluation plan; Overseeing the collection, analysis, use, and dissemination of data; Achieving data quality; and using data to inform program decision making.
- Minimum two years’ experience in public policy analysis or program evaluation. Experience in quantitative analysis, including knowledge of statistical software packages. Experience working on team-based research or evaluation projects.
- Excellent organizational, planning, writing, editing, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience manipulating complex data sets, and cleaning and analyzing data. Proficient in SPSS, Nvivo, Excel, MS Word, Access
- Exceptional ability in written and oral communications and presentation skills;
- Analytical thinker;
- Effective as a team player;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Proactive, creative problem-solver; and
- Flexible and productive under pressure.
- This position requires at least 20% travel within the United States
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that aims to
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online at our website, http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=HEALTHIERGENERATION&cws=1