About the Navigator/In-Person Assistance Program:
New York Health Benefit Exchange (NYHBE) is the marketplace for individuals, families and small businesses to compare and enroll in health insurance, as well as determine eligibility for Medicaid and other assistance programs, federal tax credits and cost-sharing reductions. The State of New York has selected Seedco, a national non-profit organization, to lead a consortium of 7 organizations including ERDA, to provide outreach, education and enrollment assistance to residents of all five boroughs. ERDA will be focused on conducting outreach, education and enrollment throughout Queens.
The Health Benefit Navigator (HBN) will execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated benefit enrollment services. In addition, as part of the ERDA FFP team providing some tenant advocacy and conducting one on one financial counseling (advising on the topics of banking, savings, debt management, credit building) is required.
- Complete state HBN training courses and pass HBN certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements;
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits;
- Conduct marketing and outreach within targeted neighborhoods about health insurance options through the NYHBE;
- Facilitate enrollment and provide education on public funded health care programs (MA,FHP CHPlus) , Qualified Health plans(QHPs) and advance premium tax credits and cost sharing reductions;
- Follow up with clients and Seedco to troubleshot appeals and dispute solutions;
- Participate in NYS DOH and Seedco trainings and meetings to assure strong expertise in public and private health insurance eligibility, application/ enrollment process and updates to regulation;
- Work independently, travelling throughout Queens and providing services in various locations as needed;
- Achieve performance targets, working closely with the other Health Benefit Navigators, Seedco and partners to identify and overcome challenges;
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality and cultural diversity; and
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes
·Provide advocacy training to NYCHA residents, including providing assistance in rental arrears, lease succession, and repairs;
·Conduct intake and on-going one-on-one counseling sessions with health benefit recipients and create action plans defining short-term and long-term financial goals including credit repair, building savings, improving poor money management skills, and even more complex issues such as retirement investing and home ownership.
- Bachelor degree required or 3+ years' experience in lieu of degree;
- Excellent computer skills; including familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google docs and the ability to browse the Web comfortably; experience with database software a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills a must;
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to put clients at ease while asking sensitive and personal questions;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data-driven environment and a proven track record of achieving performance targets is preferred; and
- Knowledge of public health care options preferred.
- A good sense of humor
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:email@example.com
38-84 13th Street, Long Island City, New York, 11101, United States