Denise Louie Education Center (DLEC) is a multi-cultural Early Head Start & Head Start program serving children and families in south Seattle and SeaTac. Head Start operates at three sites: International District, Beacon Hill and Lake Washington Apartments. Early Head Start provides home based services and group socialization in Beacon Hill and in the community.
We are hiring for a Lead Teacher
The Lead Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing individualized, daily educational program for a group of preschool-aged children in a multicultural, multilingual, bias free environment.
Specific Job Qualifications for this Position:
1. AA, BA or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education, or a BA in any area with at least 18 credits in Early Childhood Education;
2. One year of experience teaching pre-school children;
3. Bi-lingual in a language spoken by a DLEC parents – SOMALI and/or other EAST AFRICAN LANGUAGES, CHINESE, SPANISH preferred;
4. Knowledge of and ability to implement developmentally appropriate, multicultural, and bias free curriculum;
5. Able to lift and potentially carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds;
6. Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time;
7. Able to stand, walk and sit on child sized chairs throughout the day;
8. Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing; and,
9. Access to a reliable source of transportation.
1. Classroom Management and Curriculum Planning
2. Staff Teaming
3. Parent Involvement
4. Documentation of Educational Services
5. Other duties as they arise
The position is 32 hrs/week
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume AND a completed application for employment available at www.deniselouie.org. Only applicants that submit all three documents will be considered. Please submit your application and supporting documentation to email@example.com, by mail: Denise Louie Education Center, 1930 6th Avenue S., Suite 401, Seattle, WA 98134 or fax: 206-260-8853. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS.
1930 6th Ave. S., Seattle, WA, 98134, US