Good Shepherd Services, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking a Group Leader, for our After School at Sumner/Cornerstone Community Center Program in Brooklyn.
The Group Leader is responsible for the overall development and management of his/her respective group. In addition, the Group Leader is responsible for the supervision of all Program Aides/volunteers assigned to his/her group.
- Maintain 85% group attendance.
- Create and submit lesson plans in advance.
- Attend all staff meetings and mandatory trainings.
- Develop and maintain an engaging learning environment for youth.
- Plan and implement activities in the absence of specialists (i.e. computer, math, literacy, and art activities).
- Supervise and support staff assigned to his/her group.
- Maintain strict adherence to policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure program rooms and spaces are organized and neat.
- Provide supervision and guidance to participants at all times.
- Maintain all required documents for his/her group.
- Engage in outreach activities to ensure attendance and participation.
- Engage in interaction with parents/guardians in a professional, fair and gentle manner.
- Discuss participant challenges with supervisor as they emerge.
- Resolve conflict appropriately within his/her group while seeking assistance from Director when necessary.
- Inspect all rooms, equipment, and supplies and ensure all are locked away securely at the end of each day.
- Participate in staff orientation as well as ongoing professional development trainings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED and at least 2 years related experience in youth development programs preferred.
- A commitment to working with youth from a variety of backgrounds, while providing high quality services.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and youth development perspective.
How to apply
Go to http:www.goodshepherds.org for a complete description and application instructions.
862 Park Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11206, United States