- You are a strong communicator
- You are a great troubleshooter
- You are comfortable with spreadsheets and like to work with data
We are a fast-growing nonprofit social enterprise helping people harness their consumer power to change the world. Featured in Fast Company and Forbes, we use an innovative new model for social impact called Civic Consumption. Civic Consumption brings people together to increase access and lower prices on the goods and services they need most, while rewarding businesses with a positive social or environmental impact.
For the last five years, we've been helping people across the mid-Atlantic harness their consumer power to improve our environment. As of 2013, we've infused over $10 million dollars in clean energy and saved communities and people an estimated $1.5 million on their electricity bills. We're now looking to build an online platform to expand our impacts to issues and industries beyond clean energy.
Groundswell's work has been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Forbes, and ABC World News, among others. Our CEO and Co-Founder Will Byrne has been recognized by White House Office of Public Engagement, selected as a Global Fellow by Ashoka Innovators for the Public, and honored by the World Economic Forum.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Program Associate will work with the Groundswell Energy team to help families, businesses and community organizations across the region to switch to clean energy together. The Program Associate will be responsible for customer service for Groundswell Energy program participants, ensuring smooth communications between program participants and energy suppliers, maintaining Groundswell's website and data platforms, and research to support the program. This will be a dynamic, collaborative position for individuals interested in pursuing work in communications, community organizing, or the clean energy sector.
Participant Support (70%)
- Manage Groundswell Energy Support Center and respond to questions and requests from participants
- Facilitate communications between participants and energy companies to ensure smooth delivery of services
- Coordinate with Communications team to develop FAQ and wiki resources for scalable response to participant inquiry
Performance Analysis and Data Tracking (15%)
- Monitor and verify data submissions to Groundswell Energy's participant interest forms and applications
- Build reporting tools to help team measure and track success
- Maintain program databases, completing necessary data entry and reporting
- Manage participant feedback process to assess strengths and growth areas for Groundswell Energy
Operations and Program Growth (15%)
- Prepare and organize participant information for transactions with participating companies
- Help develop relationships with new energy companies and other industry partners
- Assist Procurement Director with licensing and compliance for state utility commissions
- Assist Procurement Director with research for expansion and assessing new markets
- Customer service, sales or community organizing experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills with diverse audiences
- Experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms
- Attention to detail and willingness to work closely with data systems
- Flexible, solutions-oriented approach to tackling challenges
This is a permanent part-time position in Groundswell's Washington, DC office. The Groundswell Energy Program Associate is expected to work 25 hours per week and will be paid $20/hour before taxes. Compensation includes 7 days of Paid Time Off per year. This position does not receive healthcare or retirement benefits, but is eligible to participate in the SmartBenefits transportation program.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter along with their application.
1156 15th Street NW, Suite 840, Washington, DC, 20005, US