Greenmarket Organization Information
Greenmarket is a program of GrowNYC, formerly Council on the Environment of NYC (http://www.grownyc.org). Greenmarket’s mission is to promote regional agriculture and ensure a continuing supply of fresh local produce for New Yorkers. Greenmarket supports farmers and preserves farmland for the future by providing regional, small family farmers with opportunities to sell their fruits, vegetables and other farm products to New Yorkers.
Greenmarket Farm Inspections Associate
The Farm Inspections Associate is a fulltime position reporting to the Manager of Farm Inspections and Strategic Planning. Greenmarket is a producer-only marketplace, and all producers are subject to eligibility requirements stated in the Greenmarket Rules. The Greenmarket Inspections Department is responsible for ensuring adherence to these rules and verifying producer claims at market. This is accomplished by reviewing information submitted by producers in their yearly application, through reviewing at-market inventories and by making onsite field inspections to farms and farm-based operations.
- Manage the entry and constant update of producer information in Greenmarket’s database
- Act as a liaison between the Farm Inspections Manager, Regional Coordinators, and Market Managers with regards to inspections issues.
- Research specific issues as directed by the FIM.
- Track approved requests to purchase products and distribute relevant signage.
- Manage inventories. Plan, track, review, and file inventories of farmers’ products at market.
- Significant experience managing information using Microsoft Excel.
- Comfort conducting basic quantitative analysis in Excel.
- Experience using database programs or at least demonstrated ability to learn to use new, complex computer software.
- Excellent research, communication, and writing skills.
- Must be willing to keep producer information confidential.
- Must be available to work on weekends periodically.
Experience at Greenmarket, in farming, or in food production a plus.
The Farm Inspections Associate position pays $35,000 per year and includes benefits. For additional information about Greenmarket, please see our website at www.grownyc.org/greenmarket.
How to apply
Submit cover letter, resume, three references, and salary range to Chelsea Whittaker email@example.com. Please combine all submissions into one PDF and write “Farm Inspections Associate” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. GrowNYC is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and hires without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or physical disability.
51 Chambers St, Suite 1231, New York, NY, 10007, US