Green Business Support Specialist - Energy Efficiency Focus
The Center for EcoTechnology's Green Business Services department administers many programs which help businesses cost effectively improve environmental performance – primarily via energy efficiency and waste reduction efforts. This new position will serve our energy efficiency customers through a variety of methods while supporting our field staff and Director administratively. A successful candidate will provide superior customer service to meet the expectations of our customers and funding sources. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask will allow the candidate to excel at this position. The position requires excellent phone, email and in-person communication skills; proficient use of MS Office software; ability to quickly learn new software packages for tracking and analyzing projects; development of educational materials; business event planning; and project reporting. This role is accountable to the Green Business Services Support Manager and will also take direction from the Manager of Green Business Services.
- Perform technical research for products, applications, and incentive opportunities. Seek approval from participating utilities as requested by staff management
- Provide outreach to:
- commercial and industrial businesses where opportunities have been identified (and where additional contact is needed); and
- Multi-Family energy efficiency prospects – establishing contact, scheduling appointments, and helping clients with information and assistance.
- Assist with marketing material production, mailings, and handouts for meetings and presentations
- Initiate lead generation calls for Green Business clients as assigned by staff management
- Serve as vendor liaison to assure that projects are scheduled and progressing; provide updates to staff on completion dates and required paperwork
- Administer "partner" relationships between department staff and vendors, contractors and engineers
- Support the Green Business Department with general office administration as needed
- Enter data for Green Business department for record keeping in various software programs, invoicing, report generation and copy editing
- Become proficient with our Salesforce platform and invoicing system
- Provide administrative support directly to the Director of Green Business Services
This support position must remain flexible to accommodate changes to existing program demand and to allow for new program initiation.
- College degree in communications, business administration, environmental sciences or related field
- 3 years of customer service or sales experience – preferably in energy/efficiency/sustainability industry or focus
This position is a full-time, year-round position with benefits and is based out of CET's Florence office. Evening and weekend work may be required.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume via email (email@example.com) to: Amanda Bates, HR Assistant, Center for EcoTechnology, 112 Elm Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
320 Riverside Drive, 1-A, Florence, MA, 01062, US