The Green Business Services department of the Center for EcoTechnology works with businesses statewide who want to green their operations through a variety of measures including energy conservation/efficiency, recycling and composting. This position will identify the greatest opportunities for both cost savings and improving environmental performance while helping the business achieve their goals. This Specialist reports to the Green Business Services Manager and is home-based or will have access to flex office space available in the metro-west area. Significant travel throughout eastern MA will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies and documents energy savings opportunities at a range of commercial building types.
- Uses excellent listening skills to adjust the message and range of service offerings quickly in response to the needs and reaction of business owners, managers and facility personnel.
- Comfortably talks to business owners, property managers, facilities managers and skilled trades professionals.
- Conveys a concise and well-crafted delivery explaining energy savings opportunities, process to achieve savings, and financial expectations.
- Provides outreach, education and technical assistance with the ability to manage diverse and changing projects and programs.
- Creates and presents waste reduction and energy efficiency programs to businesses.
- Assists commercial and industrial businesses take advantage of the utility-sponsored commercial energy efficiency program
- Communicates a working understanding of separation and collection mechanisms for commercial generators of various recyclable materials.
- Responds to resource management questions via phone and email about energy efficiency/conservation, renewable energy, environmentally preferable purchasing, disposal, composting and recycling.
- Presents green business information at business club meetings, religious institutions, meetings with town/city officials and one-on-one with business owners, managers and property owners.
- Remains up-to-date on scope of work and deliverables for various contracts/work plans
- College degree and 3 years of related sales, technical, or energy efficiency experience
- BPI certification, Building Analyst, Envelope Professional, CEM or comparable training/certifications
- 2 years of customer service and public education/speaking experience
- 2 years of computer experience working in databases, CRM, Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Professional appearance and professional communication style in business setting
- Experience speaking to business owners, facility managers and all levels of staff in a wide range of business types.
- Ability to convey information in a straight forward unbiased way and adept at helping implement incremental change.
- Working knowledge of state and federal energy programs and incentives and preferred experience working through these processes in the commercial sector.
- Ability to work independently and in an organized way. Demonstrated ability to track and report results.
- Knowledge and experience researching information (online, print and telephone)
- Work-style – flexible, reliable, self-directed, professional, hard-work ethic, patient, works well independently, with others, or as team leader
- Attention to detail, good problem solving skills and observational skills
- Ability to accomplish tasks within timelines
Send cover letter and resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to: Penny Collins, HR Specialist, 112 Elm Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
Penny Collins, HR Specialist