Are you interested in the environment? Are you interested in mobilizing people for change? OLCV is expanding! The Oregon League of Conservation Voters is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to join our staff as a full-time Climate Change Grassroots Organizer in Portland, OR.
OLCV is Oregon’s leading environmental political group. OLCV runs aggressive campaigns to elect pro-environment leaders, holds elected officials accountable for their votes on environmental issues, and works with a broad coalition to pass pro-environment laws.
Timing: Immediate start lasting through March 2015, with a possibility of becoming long-term.
Job Description: The Climate Change Grassroots Organizer will work to engage and mobilize climate activists, help connect and support statewide grassroots efforts, and build a diverse coalition committed to reducing carbon pollution in Oregon – and positioning Oregon to lead on climate change nationally. The Climate Change Grassroots Organizer will report to the OLCV Political Director and serve as part of a broader statewide climate campaign team. Primary duties include:
– Coordinating meetings with grassroots climate organizations and providing support for local and statewide efforts.
– Tracking and coordinating turn-out for town hall and community meetings in targeted areas.
– Assisting in the development of outreach materials.
– Training grassroots individuals and organizations on best practices for civic engagement.
– Managing climate events, including large grassroots events, forums, and educational events.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of experience with political campaigns, community organizing, and/or mobilizing and training volunteers to get involved in issues that are important to the community. Additional requirements include:
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills alongside a willingness to learn.
– He or she will be a self-starter, a team player, and a hard worker.
– Preference for candidates who have experience working on climate change or environmental politics in Oregon.
– Willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends throughout this fall.
OLCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women and people of color are encouraged.
How to apply
Process: OLCV will begin processing resumes as submitted. Please submit a resume and cover letter via email addressed to OLCV Executive Director Doug Moore at email@example.com. No phone calls please. The cover letter should summarize relevant experience and why you are interested in the position.
133 SW 2nd Ave., Suite 200, Portland, OR, 97204, US