Currently Accepting Applications
Full-time Teaching Position:Kindergarten-Second Grade
Are you a creative, innovative and caring educator who is seeking a position that
is not bound by the expectations of traditional education?
Helios New School is an innovative, independent school community for gifted children in grades K-6 on the San Francisco Peninsula. We are growing to K-8, with plans to graduate our first class in 2017. We are seeking flexible, high-caliber educators who have:
• Teaching experience and knowledge for promoting literacy across the disciplines
• A practice of life-long learning and continual professional development
• A desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
• A commitment to meet the needs of gifted children in an authentic and developmentally appropriate learning environment
• Flexibility and commitment to fostering a nurturing, creative and experiential environment that reinforces academic skills
• Ability to motivate and challenge students while maintaining a focused, orderly environment
• Ability to use an interactive, hands-on, project-based approach while promoting self-discovery and critical thinking
• Ability and interest to design and implement theme-based curriculum that engages young children
• A positive, passionate attitude with demonstrated professionalism, responsibility, and work ethic
• At least 2 years teaching experience in grades K-3.
• A BA/BS in education.
• A strong understanding of gifted learners or willingness to learn.
• Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills with children and adults.
• Credentials and Visa to teach in California, USA.
Compensation: Benefits and competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit a resume with a short cover letter expressing why you are seeking this position. Please include a brief description of your educational philosophy.
Note: Only those who meet the requirements need apply.