Woodland Charter School is a Waldorf-methods public charter school in the Applegate Valley of Southern Oregon. The school year 2012-2013 is our first year of operation. We are currently seeking applicants for a full time position as our lead first grade teacher for the 2013-14 academic year.
In the 2012-13 school year, our school offers blended classes for grades 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6 with a maximum enrollment of 25 students per class. In the 2013-14 school year, we will have our first stand alone class, Grade 1. Woodland Charter School is situated in the picturesque rural community of the Applegate Valley in Murphy, Oregon. Interested applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the Waldorf educational philosophy and be able to work with flexibility and patience as we develop our new school identity.
We are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and confident First Grade Lead Teacher for Woodland Charter School. Lead teachers will be employed full-time and will be responsible for teaching main lesson, skills practice, and special subjects to students. Ideally, grades teachers will take their classes through the 8th grade.
Lead Teacher qualifications:
• Oregon certification or registration with the TSPC and/or
• Waldorf teaching certification, enrolled in Waldorf teacher training, or equivalent on-the-job experience
• 3 years teaching experience (preferred)
• Enthusiastic, creative, and loving with students
• Skill in art, music, drama, spatial dynamics, and/or foreign language
• Ability to work well with colleagues, administration, and parents
• Desire to live rurally
• Competitive pay and benefits package
• Annual cost-of-living increase
• Step pay increases related to continuing education
• Mentorship program
Application deadline: May 15, 2013
Contact WCS for more details. Please submit letter of intent, resume & three letters of reference via email to:
Woodland Charter School