Operation HOPE is a non-profit organization looking for a talented Financial Management Counselor in Birmingham, AL. For the past twenty years Operation HOPE has been dedicated to empowering underserved communities through financial literacy. Now, our work encompasses much more than financial education. Our work is about instilling knowledge and confidence in those we serve so they can experience, sometimes for the first time in their lives, financial dignity.
Assist consumers seeking credit and money management counseling which include resolving client's debt, credit and savings issues and, if applicable, loan origination guidance. Assistance and counseling includes in person one-on-one, group education, over the phone counseling and counseling via online capabilities. Additionally, the Financial Management Counselor will need to be cross-trained to provide other financial literacy workshops as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties include:
- Ability to articulate the mission, objectives, and programs of the organization
- Promote and conduct Credit & Money Management Workshops
- Coordinate and lead the 700 Credit Scores Communities initiative for location
- Promote and conduct other financial literacy education workshops as needed
- Participate in community outreach/promotion efforts
- Provide one-on-one credit, debt and savings counseling to individuals
- Complete production and activity reports
- Meet production goals
- Conduct individual counseling sessions (in person, phone, or online)
- Maintain program client's files
- Input and track clients via counseling software
- Prepare credit bureau dispute letters and settlement letters for program clients
- Maintain a neat clean work area
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned
Must have the ability to perform a variety of tasks that include counseling, loan origination, guidance and assistance. Must be able to pay attention to detail and have strong communication skills both written and verbal. Must be self-motivated, professional with integrity and take initiative. Must have MS Office computer skills and ability to use online counseling software.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years of financial management counseling (financial planning/credit counseling/budget and debt counseling)
- Must possess working knowledge of all applicable federal regulations, fair credit act and residential mortgage loan program requirements
- Mortgage lending or banking experience preferred
- Mortgage loan origination and packaging 1-2 years experience preferred
Ability to interact with all levels within a corporate environment. Have excellent communication skills. Maintain a positive and professional attitude in all settings.
Normal office environment, ability to walk, stand, sit, and talk on the phone for long periods of time in a professional manner. Ability to work and travel outside the office in the field and to coordinate and facilitate workshops/trainings/events throughout the region.
Aptitudes: Ability to effectively monitor the progress of program participants. Have critical thinking and problem solving skills and be self-motivated.
Temperament: Resilience, integrity, and flexibility.
Interests: Public contact, education, community work, communication of plans and ideas.
How to apply
Please submit your resumes to Mr. Lance Triggs at Lance.Triggs@operationhope.org.
Mr. Lance Triggs