Zenger Farm is a working urban farm that models, promotes and educates about sustainable food systems, environmental stewardship, community development and access to good food for all. For more information about Zenger Farm programs visit zengerfarm.org.
The Farm Educator is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Education Director of Zenger Farm. The Farm Educator is responsible for teaching and assisting in the management of field trips, summer camps and school partnership programming. The Farm Educator assists in the management of youth education, interns and volunteers.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Teach and manage all aspects of on-site field trips. Including budgeting, scheduling, staffing, curriculum development, outreach, and maintaining supplies.
- Teach summer camp programming, develop and teach winter and spring break camp programming.
- Teach school partnership programming.
- Manage the Children’s Gardens.
- Manage service work projects with youth and adults on the farm.
- Coordinate with Zenger Farm staff to ensure a safe environment for all visitors to the farm.
- Assist in the management and recruitment of interns and volunteers.
- Track participant involvement in Youth Education programs.
- Evaluate Youth Education programs.
- Write reports and summaries of the Youth Education programs.
- At least 2 years of experience teaching outdoor education programming.
- At least 2 years of experience developing outdoor education field programs, including summer camps and field trips.
- Experience working with youth and adults in service work projects.
- Intern and volunteer management experience.
- Experience in sustainable gardening.
- Flexible, self-directed, organized and goal-oriented. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, handle pressure well and have a sense of humor.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Zenger Farm.
$30,000 to $34,000 annually. Zenger Farm offers an excellent medical, dental and retirement benefits package, paid time off and flexible work schedule
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Alice Froehlich at email@example.com by 5:00pm on February 15th, 2013. Please place “Farm Educator” in the subject line of the email.