POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Homelessness Prevention Program Manager, the Case Manager will be responsible for providing intensive case management services to support family reunification and housing stabilization for youth and young adults, ages 12-24. Primary duties of this position will include outreach and engagement with youth/young adults and their families, coordination and facilitation of individual and family meetings, home visits, goal planning, support, and referrals.
About YouthCare: YouthCare serves homeless and street-involved youth in Seattle, Washington and operates seven housing programs in addition to the James W. Ray Orion Center. The James W. Ray Orion Center is unique in its range of services, providing basic needs, case management, a GED program, a Seattle Public Interagency High School, post-secondary educational support, and employment programs.
At YouthCare we offer the opportunity to make a difference and truly meaningful work for those who value hard work, dedication to helping homeless youth, and having fun. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
- Maintain a caseload of 25 youth/young adults per year.
- Outreach and engage youth/young adults and their families; develop service plan that address reasons for housing instability, and actively engage youth and families in the addressing issues that put housing at risk.
- Assist youth and young adults to enlist their families in services that are intended to foster positive/effective family relationships, housing and housing stability, and other support services as needed.
- Outreach and engage runaway and homeless youth accessing services at the James W. Ray Orion Center and YouthCare residential program to identify strengths, needs, and family connections/resources.
- Work with parents/caregivers attempting to locate runaway youth/young adults.
- Assess youth and families for safety concerns; incorporating the youth's self-determination goals with an understanding of local laws and reporting requirements.
- Ability to de-escalate youth/young adults and their families, and respond appropriately to needs and crises.
- This position is part of the Prevention team, but works with staff and programs at the James W. Ray Orion Center and YouthCare's residential programs. Collaboration with both programs is an essential responsibility.
- Maintain clear, professional, timely participant contact notes and intake paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
How to apply
APPLICATION PROCESS: A Resume and a cover letter addressing your qualifications should be mailed to email@example.com ; No Faxes. Please identify which position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (#14-557 or Family Engagement Case Manager). Resume and Cover Letters can also be mailed to YouthCare, 2500 NE 54th Street, Seattle, WA 98105. A YouthCare Employment Application will be required at or prior to interview and is available at our web-site http://www.youthcare.org/about-youthcare/work-youthcare.
2500 NE 54th Street, Seattle, WA, 98105, US