Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits. Global Footprint Network is currently seeking an External Affairs Associate.
Global Footprint Network's External Affairs Department coordinates all aspects of the organization's fundraising and outreach activities, including foundations, corporations, and individual donors, with occasional support for project development/client services. The External Affairs Associate will perform tasks across the department, particularly in coordinating: foundation deadlines, building our individual donor base, online fundraising efforts, fundraising events, and assisting with some administrative tasks in project development.
The External Affairs Associate will report to the Director of External Affairs.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
Foundation and Corporate Support:
- Supporting the Director of External Affairs in researching and prioritizing foundation and corporate funding streams, matching grants to major initiatives and organizational needs.
- Supporting the External Affairs Foundation Manager in providing foundation and corporate research, liaising with funder representatives, communicating organizational priorities, submitting letters of intent (LOIs), and grant proposals, and grant reporting to all funders.
- Supporting Regional Directors in their foundation and corporate outreach and proposals.
- Providing database support on foundation and corporate contacts and opportunity information within Salesforce.
- Maintaining funding proposal content and materials for Global Footprint Network staff and grant writers.
Individual Donors and General Support:
- Researching potential major donors and adding information to their database profiles.
- Arranging meetings with existing and potential major donors for Directors, Executives, and other staff.
- Coordinating donor events, including scheduling, site logistics, invitations, RSVPs, program, refreshments, and on-site event staff.
- Coordinating promotional content with the Communications department through various social media, traditional media, and fundraising channels.
- Coordinating online and direct mail fundraising appeals and reporting.
- Coordinating donation acknowledgements for individual donors in partnership with the Database Administrator and Director of Finance.
- Supporting the Director of External Affairs.
- Supporting the Ambassador Council and other external friends groups as assigned.
Project Development Support:
- Assisting with a monthly dashboard report of the project development pipeline;
- Providing occasional administrative support as needed in the costing of projects and building proposals by the Client Services Manager.
- Providing occasional support as needed for Regional Directors in monitoring opportunities and client contacts in Salesforce.
- B.A. or B.S. required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience fundraising with foundations, individual donors, corporations, campaigns, fundraising appeals, grant writing, and project development, or a combination.
- Proven knowledge of foundation grant application processes, donor cultivation, fundraising best practices, and fundraising databases.
- Knowledgeable about environmental sustainability and global resource issues.
- Excellence in professional proposal writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be a reliable, detail-oriented, self-starter .
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.
- Fluency in a second language is desirable, but not required.
SALARY and BENEFITS
Global Footprint Network offers a benefits package and competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 403(b) and other benefits are provided. This is a full-time position located at Global Footprint Network's offices in Oakland, CA. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in a neighborhood with good transit access. Our daily communal lunches are light-hearted and often delicious.
Please note that we cannot provide reimbursement for relocation expenses.
How to apply
Application Deadline: Friday, September 27th at 5pm PST.
Send resume and statement of career goals to email@example.com; subject line MUST include the term "External Affairs Associate." Global Footprint Network is committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.
312 Clay Street, Suite 300, Oakland, California, 94607, United States