The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of CCAN, Community Connections for Afterschool Networking, Inc. CCAN is focused on engaging all youth in Cheshire County to be productive, responsible citizens, ready for school, work, and life. The Executive Director, in collaboration with the community, will implement the organization’s mission and strategic plan working directly with the Board of Directors.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Implement the strategic operation and administration of CCAN.
• Ensure compliance with sound internal administrative and financial controls.
• Establish and build strong collaborative relationships with community, education and corporate leaders.
• Promote and coordinate outreach initiatives to support CCAN’s mission.
• Assure professional development opportunities for Out-of-School Time programs by leveraging existing resources.
• Develop relationships with local, state and national organizations involved with positive youth development and formal/informal education to foster CCAN's mission.
• Research and advise the board in best practices, finance and legal accountability.
• Create a network and lead collaborative grant writing and fundraising opportunities.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required Include:
• Strong leadership, administrative, community-building, grant-writing, presentation and networking skills
• Ability to promote and lead collaborative community programs and projects to support youth
• Familiarity with Out-of-School Time and/or Afterschool Programming best practices/core standards
• Knowledge and understanding of the collective impact approach to supporting children to be ready for school, work and life
• Experience in fundraising, including grant writing and donor outreach
• General computer (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), database and website management skills.
• Excellent oral, written and social media communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree preferred
• Bachelor’s degree
• Graduate degree preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. Application process is rolling. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Executive Search Committee” in the subject line. Materials may also be sent to: CCAN, 25 Roxbury St Suite B, Keene, NH 03431. CCAN is an equal opportunity employer.