About Oxbow Center:
Oxbow's mission is to educate people on the importance of environmental stewardship and healthy food, to reconnect us to the land and our local sustainable food supply, and to inspire us to take action in our daily lives and in our communities.
Organized in 2008 as a non-profit, Oxbow Center is a 20-acre organic farm, native plant nursery, and education center located in Washington's beautiful Snoqualmie Valley. It is part of a 230-acre family-owned property in the Snoqualmie Valley which includes 120-acres along the Snoqualmie River and 110-acres of wooded uplands.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall management, administration, and operation of Oxbow Center. In conjunction with the Board, the Director will develop and the Center's long-term strategic plan and work to ensure its successful implementation.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate will share a passion for Oxbow's mission and possess the energy, talents, and experience required to further our growth. The successful candidate will be a charismatic leader with a minimum five years of executive management experience. Internally, they will be a motivational leader and effective manager. Externally, they will serve as a key liaison between the Center as a principal ambassador in building and maintaining community relationships and partnerships.
- Work with the Board to develop and implement a strategic plan
- Create and carry out the Center's annual operating and financial plan
- Oversee all Oxbow Center employees, directly supervising the senior leadership team
- Build a cohesive team with a positive organizational culture
- Clearly communicate roles and expectations for the team
- Identify, train, supervise, and reward team members
- Build and maintain strong community relationships and partnerships
- Coordinate outreach efforts for the Snoqualmie Valley with other local leaders
- Identify, evaluate, write, and oversee grant opportunities
- Coordinate volunteer activities at Oxbow and in the Valley
- Master's degree or equivalent and experience in relevant field (education, environmental, and agricultural practices)
- Minimum of five years of executive experience
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to secure grants
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Effective at fostering collaboration
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning/reporting and budgetary oversight
- High level of personal and ethical standards
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation consistent with experience
- Employer-paid health insurance plan for employee
- Annual dental stipend for employee
How to apply
- Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5, 2014
- Along with your resume/CV, please include a cover letter notlonger than 2 pages that introduces yourself and answers the following question based on what you know about Oxbow Center: "What unique opportunities do you see for Oxbow Center in the future?"
- Initial interviews will be scheduled for late January / early February