- 3-5 years stellar track record running and managing community based programs
- Experience managing a strong happy team
- Experience working in Dharavi or similar environment
Period of engagement
From November 2013. This is a full time position.
Reality Gives is connected to the Dharavi community through our sister organisation, Reality Tours and Travel (RTT). RTT generates social awareness about the issues in our community through its Dharavi tours and Reality Gives is dedicated to tackling those social issues. We look at the solutions from a holistic sense with education being the future, livelihoods being the next step towards a better future, good health being the foundation, and environment supporting good health.
Some programs we run ourselves, such as a School Support Program and a Youth Empowerment Program. Apart from these we create even more change in Dharavi by supporting other community projects we believe in. We support these projects by sharing resources, exchanging knowledge, raising awareness and creating new collaborative efforts.
The main responsibilities of the Executive Director are to manage and develop all of these programs as well as leading the organisation. The position is multi faceted and requires somebody who is talented as well as independent, pro-active and with the ability to multi task.
The individual, who will be part of a young, international organisation, should have a tireless desire for quality in all aspects of the role. They should also have a fun sense of humour, have a passion for social change, be able to get on with people of all backgrounds, and be prepared to “muck in” and do jobs not strictly in line with their job description when required.
The job is a long term position and Reality Gives is looking for the successful candidate to be a key employee who will be rewarded as the organisation grows.
Job Description (key aspects)
- Lead and be the face of the organisation
- Manage and develop the projects run by Reality Gives and collaborate with our partners
- Carry out Monitoring and Evaluation on all projects to ensure that they deliver results of the highest quality
- Meet, manage and follow up with our supporters
- Oversee our fundraising strategy and manage our Fundraising Director
- Manage and lead our other staff members
You will be required to report to one of the founders on a monthly basis. Since you will be working independently for a lot of the time, you will be asked to justify time spent on the various aspects of your role.
- Independent worker
- Ideally fluent in Hindi
- Marathi skills helpful
- Excellent written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Windows)
Please email your CV and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further info, please visit our website at www.realitygives.org
Unique Business Service Centre, 1/26 Akber House, 1st Floor, Nowroji Fardonji Road, Colaba, Mumbai, MahÄrÄshtra, 400039, India