Executive Director - Family Promise of Greater Brandon
For more information, visit the Family Promise of Greater Brandon website at www.familypromiseofgreaterbrandon.org
Salary Range: $35K-$45K Annually*
Work Location: 121 Carver St, Brandon, FL 33510
- Commensurate with Skills, Experience and Education
- $300/mo Healthcare Insurance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
To provide case management to homeless families and to coordinate the program components of the Family Promise - host congregations, volunteers, referring and supporting agencies, day center, and transportation—for the effective provision of services to homeless guests.
- Provide case management to all guest families. Conduct intake interviews with prospective families; develop family plans; meet with guests to monitor progress in securing housing, employment, job training, and entitlements; assist guests with social service needs, referring them to other organizations as appropriate; advocate with agencies for guests as needed.
- Coordinate all Affiliate components to administer program. Maintain regular contact with coordinators and other individuals at each host congregation as necessary. Communicate regularly with referring and supporting agencies and the day center staff. Actively participate in providers' groups and other forums with social service agencies. Organize and schedule transportation, including drivers and van maintenance. Manage schedule changes and any other transportation matters related to Family Promise.
- Aid Board of Directors and Board Fund Raising Committee in fund raising activities including administration and execution of grant writing.
- Hire, lead and supervise additional staff as necessary.
- Train coordinators and hosts in all new host congregations, and conduct at least annual volunteer training thereafter.
- Maintain records on Affiliate operations and guests' progress. Provide reports for the Board of Trustees and as required for funding sources. Provide annual statistics and other information to National Family Promise Organization.
- Plan Family Promise Committee agenda and convene the Family Promise Committee every eight weeks during the first year, and quarterly after that.
- Be on call for emergencies during off-hours as scheduled.
- Plan and create a monthly and annual program operating budget working closely with the Board of Trustees. Manage operating expenses to within approved monthly and annual budget.
- Manage other operational duties as requested by the Board of Trustees.
- Work with the board president to plan board meetings. Work with board committees as necessary.
- Represent the Family Promise of Greater Brandon to the public and the media.
- Coordinate master schedule of host congregations, updating as necessary to reflect ongoing changes.
The Director reports to the Board of Trustees of Family Promise of Greater Brandon.
The successful candidate for Director is an enthusiastic individual with good judgment and compassion for others.
Education and Experience
- B.A. degree; M.S.W. preferred
- Three years experience in a social service environment, preferably working with homeless individuals and/or families
- Experience in volunteer management desirable
- Counseling skills: ability and experience in counseling clients in a social service setting
- Communication skills, oral and written: ability to make presentations to large groups; ability to organize and write grant applications
- Planning and organizational skills: ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people
- Leadership skills: ability to make decisions, solve problems, delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Financial Acumen: ability to create budgets, create variance reports, manage expenses to budgetary figures and anticipate and plan financial expenditures
- Influence, promotional and resilience skills: ability to raise funds from individuals, corporations, churches and through grants
- Computer skills: proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and other Microsoft Office products.
The Director works a 40-hour week. In new Affiliates, during the first six months, additional hours are required for start-up activities. After hours, the Director is on call for emergencies.
Family Promise of Greater Brandon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Family Promise of Greater Brandon is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at Family Promise of Greater Brandon will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
It is the policy of Family Promise of Greater Brandon to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The organization will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
How to apply
121 Carver St., Brandon, FL, 33510, US