Elijah’s Promise is seeking an energetic, enterprising and innovative leader to fill the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for strengthening and sustaining the mission, activities and values of Elijah’s Promise, ensuring the overall strategic direction and fiscal and programmatic operations of the organization. The Executive Director will demonstrate leadership and provide inspiration to staff in making a measurable impact on implementing and monitoring current and new programs successfully. The Executive Director will work in partnership with the Board of Directors to generate new ideas and a long term vision for the organization; establish and expand relationships with donors and act as a spokesperson to the community at large; and secure funding from private and public sources.
• Masters degree in social service, business or administration will be a plus • At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role at a non-profit organization • Track record of successful relationships with donors, foundations, and corporate sponsors • Successful proposal writing experience and experience with fundraising campaigns • Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications • Experience with public speaking, including presentation and media interviews • Excellent oral and written communications, and interpersonal skills • Work experience in programs relevant to low income populations • Strong people, organization and financial management skills • Ability to work in a team and handle multiple tasks in an organized and timely manner
- Knowledge about food security will be a plus
- ŸWorking knowledge/training on board governance will be a plus
Leadership and Supervision
- Supervise leadership staff, including hiring, ongoing supervision, and staff development.
- Develop and maintain ongoing staff development and training activities in a way that leads, coaches and retains quality staff.
- Ensure timely performance evaluations for staff.
- Design and maintain staffing and organizational structure that best serves agency goals and objectives.
- Oversee agency benefits plans in consultation with Personnel Committee.
Fundraising and Financial Management
- Create a fiscal plan for program maintenance, capital improvements and organizational sustainability, including endowments and special campaigns.
- Secure new funds from diverse sources, including individuals, businesses, government and private foundations.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and funders, including individuals, businesses, government and private foundations.
- Oversee development functions including grant writing and proposal follow-ups
- Employ diverse fundraising strategies including Annual Fundraising Chef’s Night, Board campaigns, donor cultivation and social media
- Prepare and present reports to Board, funders, donors and community stakeholders
- Maintain interface with treasurer of the Board, Financial Administration Staff and Accountant to ensure accurate records are kept
- Ensure monthly financial statements are prepared for Board of Directors.
- Oversee payroll processing.
- Working with Treasurer and Finance Committee, develop and monitor agency budget.
- Oversee ongoing short and long range planning for agency and agency programs.
- Oversee implementation of programs, inc. program development.
- Engage in ongoing program review and evaluation and communicate impact with Board and key stakeholders.
- Cultivate, engage and support stakeholders, particularly board members, as ambassadors of the organization in support of the fund development cycle.
- Maintain relationships with public through personal contact, written and web based avenues, including direct mail, newsletters, web site, relations with press and other key community constituents.
- Engage stakeholders in advocacy to advance Elijah’s Promise mission and goals, at national, state and county levels.
- Organize events for public inc. volunteer appreciation, forums for funders etc.
- Represent agency with key coalitions and community groups.
- Cultivate and engage Board members as volunteers and fundraising leaders
- Maintain regular reporting and communications with the Board.
- Maintain communications and support for Advisory Board.
- Resource and attend Board meetings and Board Committee meetings.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
211 Livingston Ave., New Brunswick, NJ, 08901, US