The successful candidate must be a self-directed, goal-oriented individual with high integrity and a passion for the mission of STOP CANCER. Working closely with the Presidents, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall fundraising and management of STOP CANCER, its programs and services as well as the office, supervision of all staff and their respective duties and responsibilities, managing and monitoring budgets, special events, donor relations, income development and other functions, while providing executive level assistance and support to Officers, Board of Directors and committee Vice Presidents and Chairs, ensuring the successful outcome of goals and mission. This position requires experience and knowledge of best practices in the fundraising areas of major giving, annual giving, planned giving and donor research, cultivation and stewardship while developing and maintaining relationships with existing donors, members and volunteers.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree, and advanced degree in nonprofit management, public administration or the like is preferred
- 5-7 years development experience
- Experience managing staff required
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Special events experience
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, experience in social media and web-based communications desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for interacting with Board members, donors, prospects, vendors and volunteers
- Must have a demonstrated track record of success in nonprofit fundraising positions preferable in a medical, healthcare or higher education setting, or in an equivalent professional situation
- Should be a creative, self-starter and oriented toward action and results
- Must have ability to organize time effectively, establish priorities and manage a large number of tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of standard computer skills, including Microsoft Office; experience with DonorPerfect or other sophisticated donor-records software, Convio or other event-based software
- Knowledge of and experience with preparing budgets, working with balance sheets, etc. preferred
- A strong work ethic and the recognition that development is not a 9-5 job; that evening and weekend work is sometimes required for success
How to apply
- Please email cover letter, resume and salary history to:email@example.com or via USPS addressed to: Allan Morrison, M.D., STOP CANCER, 2566 Overland Ave., Ste.790, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
- Review of applications and interviews will begin November 7, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit applications early to ensure consideration.
- No phone calls, please.
2566 Overland Avenue, Suite 790, Los Angeles, CA, 90064, US