As the person in charge of the operations of the Connolly Ranch, the executive director has many unique responsibilities. The executive director is charged with establishing and enforcing the vision of our organization; recruiting and supervising staff; maintaining a productive relationship with the board of directors; creating a fundraising plan that will ensure sustainability; and managing organizational finances.
The Board of Directors engaged in focus group meetings and conducted surveys with staff, community members, parents, and organization representatives. The input, combined with the Board’s knowledge, provides the following information about the position of Executive Director.
What are the key characteristics required in the new ED?
- Highly visible on the Ranch: one of the community and the leader
- Shares Connolly Ranch “lifestyle.” Passionate to share that lifestyle with the community
- Able to think outside of the box ; develop creative solutions
- Community Outreach: Has or has the ability to build a network in Napa County and in the non-profit ranch community
- A communicator who knows the proper communication for the differing audiences and messages
- A team player and team builder who forges strong and effective relationships with staff and community
- Experience and working knowledge of the structures necessary for effective fundraising
- Knowledge of how to run an organization
- Ability to assess where Connolly Ranch is currently, develop shared vision for where it can go, and ability to make the change happen
- Has a working knowledge of programs and how to develop systems to run them effectively and efficiently
- Big picture thinker
How to apply
The Process: The Board of Directors has selected Board Member, Kris Cosca to lead the search for the executive director. Kris will recruit, review candidate qualifications, and recommend those to be interviewed. At the same time, the Board will have the opportunity to read all candidate files. During the screening process, reference checks will be made with those familiar with candidates’ professional performance. Finalists will be encouraged to study the Connolly Ranch and community. Candidates are requested not to contact any Board members to prevent the actual or perceived influencing of the selection process.
Application shall include:
- Completed application form (as provided herein)
- Personal letter of introduction
- Five professional references
Send Completed Application and Related Information to:
Dr. Kris Cosca
1046 Round Hill Circle
Napa, CA 94558
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)
All material must be received by the Deadline of November 11, 2013
The successful candidate will be offered a contract with a competitive and negotiable salary based on qualifications and experience.
3141 Browns Valley Rd, Napa, CA, 94558, US